+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does life ever get any better?

Has anyone been through constant hard times (I’m talking for years) and actually had your life improve and you become happy again? Before kids and before my 2nd baby was born I had a great life. Of course I still had crappy things happen and envied my friends who had a close relationship with their parents but crappy things were spattered about. They weren’t things constantly knocking me down every time I got back up. Even a friend told me I’m amazing because I just keep pulling myself back up after every knock down. I don’t feel amazing, I despise doing chores, I don’t even like playing with my kids anymore. I’m completely drained and so so tired of feeling slapped in the face having to watch people around me living a great life, everything running smoothly, while I feel like I can’t quite climb out of this hole because something always knocks me back down. I just needed a rant and wanted some more positive stories I guess. I’ll also go to the Dr for some blood tests again because I feel like something is off medically as well. I know that I also need something to calm my brain, as I get headaches every day, if one of my kids wake up at 3 or 4 I can’t go back to sleep even though I’m tired, random rashes, on and off fevers, and I think I’m having the focal seizures I had when my first son was born (you don’t lose awareness, just have weird auras). Anyway, thanks for listening to my complaining again. I can’t talk to anybody because nobody wants to hear constant negative bs when their life is going swimmingly! It just brings them down. Thanks again for being so supportive on this forum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does life ever get any better?

Hello,

Sorry you're going through a tough time,

ashwagandha is good for helping people relax, has quite a few benefits for taking this supplement.

Yes I've been through quite a few years of bs, but I just kept going doing my own thing, but I'm saying that I have also cut a lot of people out of my life that really have no benefit including family, if they're not supportive and it's only a one way street, then I personally see no benefit, so there is no need to include them or speak to them.

Do you have a psychologist? There are a numerous help lines that you can call.

You can pm me if you'd like to get anything off your chest xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emma, sorry you had hard times also. I think sometimes just getting through each day is the only thing you can do. I also cut out a few people from my life such as my ex, his Mum and a year ago my own Mum. I was having a tough time with my oldest who was since diagnosed with Autism. I was betrayed, blamed, nasty comparing of my kids and I to others, criticised etc so it wasn’t healthy to have these people in my life and concentrate on giving my kids a good Mum. Funnily enough, with these people out of my life my son is much better! The kids still go to their Dad’s and see their Grandma though. Now I just need to pull myself out of this funk again. Anyone else have a positive story? Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymummy5 For This Useful Post:

Emma1217 (17-10-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When my kids were younger, I feel like I had years of just "meh". Things weren't bad, bad. Sometimes things were tough, sometimes not so much, but the grind was constant.

My kids are 8 and 13 now. My youngest has anxiety, ADHD and possibly autism, and having a teenager comes with its own set of challenges. But it is SO MUCH easier to make time for myself and things that I want to do now. I don't get to do everything I want to do, but I can prioritise my own needs enough now that I am definitely enjoying life a lot more.

And I say that having gone through a hell couple of years (DS's anxiety starting, Melb lockdowns, breast cancer earlier this year) and currently slogging away working full time. If anything, things are tougher than the have been at times in the past, but the practical side of parenting becoming less demanding really means I can cope with it all better.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (09-10-2021),turquoisecoast (09-10-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't really want to tell why, but I have been in a bad place, quite a lot through life.

For however dark it gets at some point I manage to see a little bit of light that lets me navigate out of it, sometimes the process of getting myself out takes a few months.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (09-10-2021)