+ Reply to Thread
    mummy2lilly is offline Lilly FEB 2009, Elijah FEB 2010 & Baby #3 SEPT 2021
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Birth Support Person Gift

Hi everyone,

I am due to have my 3rd baby any day now.

Due to the current lockdowns here in Melbourne we are only allowed to have one birth support/partner with us throughout the whole birth/labour and can't swap people throughout the whole admission.

My DH and I decided that he will be my main partner, but we also have a close friend who will be our backup, as my husband will be working right up until I start having contractions then going on parental leave and then annual leave, and my husband didn't want me to birth alone if he was at work and if baby decides to come quick hence why our close friend put her hand up to help out.

We feel we should get her something special to say thank you for offering and being my support partner (even if she ends up not being my support partner due to weekends or husband is home).

I am looking for ideas on what I could get her that is special (chocolates and food stuff is out due to allergies and diet etc) she also has her own 2 small children and feel I should include them too into the gift.

Would love some ideas, I am completely going blank I did mention to my husband that money in a thank you card for her to pamper herself and her little ones once out of lockdown but he mentioned that is not special at all.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummy2lilly View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am due to have my 3rd baby any day now.

Due to the current lockdowns here in Melbourne we are only allowed to have one birth support/partner with us throughout the whole birth/labour and can't swap people throughout the whole admission.

My DH and I decided that he will be my main partner, but we also have a close friend who will be our backup, as my husband will be working right up until I start having contractions then going on parental leave and then annual leave, and my husband didn't want me to birth alone if he was at work and if baby decides to come quick hence why our close friend put her hand up to help out.

We feel we should get her something special to say thank you for offering and being my support partner (even if she ends up not being my support partner due to weekends or husband is home).

I am looking for ideas on what I could get her that is special (chocolates and food stuff is out due to allergies and diet etc) she also has her own 2 small children and feel I should include them too into the gift.

Would love some ideas, I am completely going blank I did mention to my husband that money in a thank you card for her to pamper herself and her little ones once out of lockdown but he mentioned that is not special at all.

Thanks
    Photo frame, candles with their names on them, really a tough one.

Off topic;
    I remember when I had ds3, we got the midwife a little stuffed animal and a card, we made her cry because not one other person had done that for her, I said it was appreciation because if she didn't know her job things could have gone seriously wrong.