+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Success stories after two miscarriages?

I've just found out I'm pregnant again after having two miscarriages this year, one at 5 weeks and one at 7 weeks. Nobody could tell me why they happened. Tests didn't show anything. The two doctors I've spoken to won't prescribe progesterone or try to do anything preventative at all. They say it's OBGYN territory, but of course by the time I can get in to see one it will be too late. So yeah, I'm pretty much expecting the same thing to happen again, but it would be nice to have something to hope for.

Can anyone share a success story of having a normal, healthy pregnancy after two losses?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellosaurus View Post
    I've just found out I'm pregnant again after having two miscarriages this year, one at 5 weeks and one at 7 weeks. Nobody could tell me why they happened. Tests didn't show anything. The two doctors I've spoken to won't prescribe progesterone or try to do anything preventative at all. They say it's OBGYN territory, but of course by the time I can get in to see one it will be too late. So yeah, I'm pretty much expecting the same thing to happen again, but it would be nice to have something to hope for.

Can anyone share a success story of having a normal, healthy pregnancy after two losses?
    Hi, I just wanted to let you know that my 8 year old is our rainbow baby after 2 miscarriages. One was a 'missed' miscarriage, where I needed a D&C and testing didn't show anything as a cause. The 2nd I bled from almost the day I got 2 lines, it was slow growing/low levels in blood tests and eventually passed at 9 weeks.

As you can imagine, I was terrified once pregnant with DS. Thankfully, he's such a strong and hyper little man which meant I could start feeling him move (bouncing on my pelvic floor!) from 13 weeks.

I didn't have any progesterone etc. My ObGyn was of the opinion that we wouldn't go down the path of further intervention/investigation unless I had 3 MC in a row.

Wishing you all the best. It is so stressful, but I found with each little milestone I could relax a little bit more.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Shellosaurus (04-09-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to let you know that my 8 year old is our rainbow baby after 2 miscarriages. One was a 'missed' miscarriage, where I needed a D&C and testing didn't show anything as a cause. The 2nd I bled from almost the day I got 2 lines, it was slow growing/low levels in blood tests and eventually passed at 9 weeks.

As you can imagine, I was terrified once pregnant with DS. Thankfully, he's such a strong and hyper little man which meant I could start feeling him move (bouncing on my pelvic floor!) from 13 weeks.

I didn't have any progesterone etc. My ObGyn was of the opinion that we wouldn't go down the path of further intervention/investigation unless I had 3 MC in a row.

Wishing you all the best. It is so stressful, but I found with each little milestone I could relax a little bit more.
    Thank you. It's so frustrating that they won't do anything after 2 mc. I don't understand why we have to be subjected to 3 before it's taken seriously. I guess they're the experts though. I just feel so helpless. Thank you for sharing your positive story. I'm so glad you got your rainbow baby.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shellosaurus For This Useful Post:

Stretched (04-09-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have an almost 11 year old and an 8 year old after having 2 miscarriages.
    I had my miscarriages at 12 weeks and 6 weeks.
    I’m so sorry you have been through and are going through this. The uncertainty, the nerves, the waiting and hoping is horrible.
    I hope this is your longed for baby x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister in law did... 2 mc (5 weeks & 9 weeks) and went on to have a healthy baby girl. She went private but they still didn't do any tests after 2 mc x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fi Poledancer For This Useful Post: