+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Christmas present suggestions

What about adopting a marine animal on her behalf ? Or buying a goat or chickens through Oxfam( I think )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

Stretched (05-09-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by granny1 View Post
    What about adopting a marine animal on her behalf ? Or buying a goat or chickens through Oxfam( I think )
    Thanks! I love these! Why didn’t I ever think of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bumping this one...

Any suggestions for a durable smart watch for df, that's not going to cost like, $1200??

He wants a smartwatch, he hasn't ever had one but his other watch just got smashed at work so I'd rather get one that can withstand a bit of a bump.

I've got a fitbit, and we have got ds2 one for Xmas, but I think the gamin looks sturdier? Maybe the garmin instinct?

He basically just wants a step/sleep/heart rate... that's durable . Having inbuilt gps or phone capabilities is unnecessary
    Last edited by EnchantedGrace; 17-09-2021 at 06:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
    Bumping this one...

Any suggestions for a durable smart watch for df, that's not going to cost like, $1200??

He wants a smartwatch, he hasn't ever had one but his other watch just got smashed at work so I'd rather get one that can withstand a bit of a bump.

I've got a fitbit, and we have got ds2 one for Xmas, but I think the gamin looks sturdier? Maybe the garmin instinct?

He basically just wants a step/sleep/heart rate... that's durable . Having inbuilt gps or phone capabilities is unnecessary
    I have a Garmin vivo active and it’s great. I wanted to make sure I would wear and use a smart watch before spending big and turns out I don’t. Mine is rather girly ( rose gold face etc) but they do plenty of masculine ones as well.

https://www.rebelsport.com.au/garmin/vivo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (19-09-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    fwiw, i had a fitbit charge 4 which i lost interest in. i avoided the apple watch because i didn’t want the same distractions associated with my phone. the fitbit was ok in that it did the step counting, heart rate as well as some other very basic functions. but i stopped wearing it, not sure what it was but i just didn’t like it. i got an apple watch a few months ago and i’m still wearing it. i realized you can control what apps you have on it from your phone, and i have none of the social media ones which distract me. i like how the apple watch is a back up to my phone for calls/texts plus it’s got apple pay. i literally go to the shops now with just my watch as it does everything i need it to. so i find the apple watch has greater capabilities without the same distractions as my phone. it also has the blood oxygen meter, heart rate monitor and ECG. i also added a pedometer complication as i like to see my steps. i find the apple watch much more responsive and a better UI overall.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    what about a G shock smartwatch? I think they came out earlier this year?

ETA I have no idea what they cost....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
    Bumping this one...

I used to have a smart watch - can’t remember which one but didn’t use it much. I then got an Apple Watch and wear it almost everyday (basically I only don’t wear it when it significantly clashes with my outfit). Despite not needing text / call functionality it is insanely useful and all the data syncs with your iPhone. I almost didn’t get one as I think they are a little ugly but now it’s my favourite thing ever. You can get covers for it to help prevent damaging it and the new ones I think are water proof (I’ve got an older model).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (19-09-2021),turquoisecoast (17-09-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @EnchantedGrace I’d also be looking into things like warranty replacement/fixes. I’ve got a Fitbit and they don’t fix them if they break, you have to replace them. It’s a pain in the bum. In saying that, my versa stopped working randomly sometime in the last year. It was still within their warranty period so they replaced it for me free of charge. They no longer had the model I had so upgraded me to the Versa 2 with no extra cost to me. The screen is starting to go funny and given it’s within a year of replacement, I’m actually starting to save up to buy myself an Apple Watch to replace my Fitbit.

If DF is going to wear it to work, I’d look at what your options are. Can the screen be replaced or is it a repurchase? What is covered under their replacement warranty? This may help your decision making process (or it may just create extra work for you ).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks for the considerations. I'm still no closer to a decision 🤣 but have things to think about.

I think he just wants a fitbit because I've got one 😔 in not sure if they have smart watches strong enough for his job. I feel he'd be better with a cheaper smart watch for home and a heavy duty watch for work... but he wouldn't see it that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone have any advice on Karaoke machines or Bluetooth speakers with microphones that can be used for karaoke? My 10 year old daughter loves singing and has lessons at school. She currently has a Bluetooth microphone which isn’t very good. Her close friend has just been bought a jbl partybox which she loves and it’s amazing but at $525 just isn’t within our range. Don’t want to go really cheap either though and buy a toy she’s going to not be interested in.