+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Coffee percolators

Hi

I’d like to buy DH a coffee percolator but I have no idea what to get.

Can anyone please suggest a good brand and what accessories I need to buy .

Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

What kind of coffee do you want?

Pod? Plunger? Percolator? Espresso?

I’ve had a Nespresso with pods and It was fine. The milk frother it came with was ok.

I’ve now got a breville espresso machine. Not the expensive oracle model ($3000) but a mid range one. It’s fine now I’m used to it. Takes some fiddling around with settings. The milk frother is good.

Breville do a coffee percolator that’s currently on sale from myer for $85 but it’s also at big w for $69. It’s probably fine. Good reviews on myer. Just percolated coffee. No milk frother but if your DH isn’t into cappuccino or latte style coffee that probably doesn’t matter.

There’s also a Bodum branded percolator on sale direct from their website for $84.95 usually $170.

It all depends on your budget and what kind of coffee your DH enjoys.

ETA you can buy separate milk frothers I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-LIKE A BOSS View Post
    What kind of coffee do you want?

Pod? Plunger? Percolator? Espresso?

I’ve had a Nespresso with pods and It was fine. The milk frother it came with was ok.

I’ve now got a breville espresso machine. Not the expensive oracle model ($3000) but a mid range one. It’s fine now I’m used to it. Takes some fiddling around with settings. The milk frother is good.

Breville do a coffee percolator that’s currently on sale from myer for $85 but it’s also at big w for $69. It’s probably fine. Good reviews on myer. Just percolated coffee. No milk frother but if your DH isn’t into cappuccino or latte style coffee that probably doesn’t matter.

There’s also a Bodum branded percolator on sale direct from their website for $84.95 usually $170.

It all depends on your budget and what kind of coffee your DH enjoys.

ETA you can buy separate milk frothers I think
    Hi

I’m after a coffee percolator. I’ll look at the Bodum one. Thanks for the info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just make sure you and he have the same understanding of what a 'percolator' means. I say this because my mum (northwest European background) calls a drip filter a percolator. But if you google percolator it shows nothing like what she calls her 'percolator'.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mod-LIKE A BOSS (27-08-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Just make sure you and he have the same understanding of what a 'percolator' means. I say this because my mum (northwest European background) calls a drip filter a percolator. But if you google percolator it shows nothing like what she calls her 'percolator'.
    Oh ok thanks. IMG_0147.jpg

This is what I’m after.

Just not sure if I need paper inserts? I know my mum had one of these 25 years ago and gad paper inserts. I’m sure now days they are more modern lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think some of them do but lots of them don't now and have a fine metal sieve instead.

I know the supermarket still sells the filters (as I helped someone find them last time I was at the shops, lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I think some of them do but lots of them don't now and have a fine metal sieve instead.

I know the supermarket still sells the filters (as I helped someone find them last time I was at the shops, lol)
    Ah ok thanks. I might call Harvey Norman tomorrow and ask