+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also my review of lite and easy might have been a bit off putting. The dinners are ok. It was the lunches (and weird snacks that seemed like toddler food) that I really didn’t like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    Thanks for this I actually had an order in youfoodz sitting there last night and just couldn’t commit I always find it hard to know if they will be good or just taste like frozen ready meals.

Was there any stand outs you liked?

This is probably the push I need, I’ve been wasting so much on daily meals for lunch at work!
    I’m currently loving the lamb wrap, it’s so tasty heated in the sandwich press. I find the curries nice the red chicken and butter chicken are good but fairly high in carbs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to crash your thread, Loh. I thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread.

A silly question to ask, but do low-calorie diets work for weight reduction? Is it normal to feel poorly? I'm struggling with the diet set out by my dietitian. I'm a few weeks in, and I still feel dizzy, short-tempered, and foggy, and I'm not happy with it. The weight is not coming off either - I haven't lost a single gram. I'm thinking of going back to a high-fat, low-carb diet with pre-prepared meals from macros or my muscle chef. Does anyone have experience with either of them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    Sorry to crash your thread, Loh. I thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread.

A silly question to ask, but do low-calorie diets work for weight reduction? Is it normal to feel poorly? I'm struggling with the diet set out by my dietitian. I'm a few weeks in, and I still feel dizzy, short-tempered, and foggy, and I'm not happy with it. The weight is not coming off either - I haven't lost a single gram. I'm thinking of going back to a high-fat, low-carb diet with pre-prepared meals from macros or my muscle chef. Does anyone have experience with either of them?
    Low calorie diets don't work for me.

What does work for me is - mostly vegan unprocessed foods - lots of legumes fruit, veg, nuts and seeds, brown rice wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, oats. minimal oil, plus skim milk and two serves of fish per week. (I'm not a fan of soy/almond milk,)

I was never hungry, ate heaps of food and the weight fell off. I ran what typically ate in a day through chronometer (calorie / nutrtition counter) to make sure I was getting adequate amounts of essential vitamins and minerals.

Nb I didn't see a dietician specificallt but had taken my DD to see one previously about a vegetarian diet and incorporated some of her ideas.

ETA I adopted this way if eating specifically to gey my cholesterol down. Weight loss was a sIde benefit. From memory I was hitting around 1800 to 2000 calories per day and lost 15kg in 6 months. Not rapid weight loss but slow, steady and sustainable. I was also doing a lot of walking.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 26-08-2021 at 20:01.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (26-08-2021)