+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Diet/Meal plan

Does anyone have recommendations? I need to lose some extra weight but I’m time poor and lack motivation. I barely exercise and my diet is terrible. I’ve been looking at…

Lite n easy
    You foodz
    Healthy mummy

Has anyone tried or can recommended others?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's not exactly what you're asking for, but I'll throw an alternative into the mix. If you get on the Woolworths app and go to their recipe section, there's a Michelle Bridges category. You can add all of the ingredients straight to your cart for click and collect or delivery. Hello Fresh also have a variety of healthy options.

While they still require prep and cooking, it's more sustainable long term because you're adjusting the way you cook, rather than just heating food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    i hadn’t seen the MB feature on the woolies app, we shop there all the time so i’ll check that out.

re HF, we did it for a while and thought it was ok but it ended up being quite time consuming (well we thought so), like prep, cooking and clean up were easily 90 mins. someone else pointed this out to me too, but their meals aren’t actually that good for you. they’re quite high in KJ although they do have low-cal options. my kids found HF very hit and miss, mostly miss, so we were having to cook a separate meal for them, which added to the time factor. most of the recipes also required frying, which is my least favorite cooking method (smelly, messy and just annoying). i loved the idea of HF but practically speaking, it didn’t work out for us.

can’t comment on the others as i haven’t tried them.

i bought a kayla itsines book a while ago and it has some really good weight loss recipes which are actually tasty and fill you up. so that could be an option?

you could even do a bit of both, get HF or some other meal delivery service a couple of times a week, then do you own MB or KI type recipes when you’ve got more time.

i need to follow my own advice really, i’ve definitely put on a few covid kgs again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have found Michael Mosley’s recipe books really good. There’s a weight loss one (Fast800) and some others that are also good (Clever Guts and Blood Sugar).

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn’t use it as a means of diet, but for knowing I was having a low cal lunch the you foodz meals were quite nice, and definitely convenient.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (25-07-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have a thermomix and love it! I also often get hello fresh. I find the biggest calories in hello fresh meals comes cheese or adding stupid things like mayonnaise to a stir fry I have a little container in my fridge full of shredded cheese, sour cream, mango and other mayonnaise etc. that we just didn’t use.

I’ve done lite n easy and every time I order it after a year or so I am reminded why I stopped ordering. It’s very convenient but a lot of carbs.

I think you need to decide how you are going to lose weight ie calorie counting or LCHF etc. and plan accordingly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I have a thermomix and love it! I also often get hello fresh. I find the biggest calories in hello fresh meals comes cheese or adding stupid things like mayonnaise to a stir fry I have a little container in my fridge full of shredded cheese, sour cream, mango and other mayonnaise etc. that we just didn’t use.

I’ve done lite n easy and every time I order it after a year or so I am reminded why I stopped ordering. It’s very convenient but a lot of carbs.

I think you need to decide how you are going to lose weight ie calorie counting or LCHF etc. and plan accordingly.
    I agree re: lite n easy. Very high carb, not very tasty (some is nice, a lot of pretty ‘meh’) and sooo much plastic packaging. I had it recently as I wanted to shift a couple of kgs - I achieved that but probably because I didn’t eat half the food (couldn’t stomach it after a couple of weeks) and probably just starved myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried the healthy mummy but it’s mainly the shakes I’ve used. In saying that I have been lazy in lockdown in the past yr and let myself go abit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow this is good to hear. I’ll probably steer clear of lite n easy then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    not sure if helpful but i bought fat blaster ladies shake to try and stop snacking and help me feel full. not sure if it helped or is actually better or worse than snacking. it’s designed as a meal replacement and is sometimes have it for breakfast, but my breaky is usually weetbix and almond milk so not really overly terrible, hence not sure if the shake was really a better choice. but yeah, that could be an option too if you’re looking for a quick and easy option to replace a meal like breaky or lunch?