+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
    I'm so sorry you're struggling at the moment Hun.

I agree with a lot of the above...

Set a small task
    Be kind to yourself
    Lower your redirects of yourself
    Work out if you CAN control or change anything immediately, or take a step towards it. If not, that's future miss twiggleys problem
    Self care: a bath, shower, haircut, paint your nails, have a drink of whatever makes you feel best.
    Exercise
    Shopping

My biggest one, which works so amazing in the crisp cold air... when the kids are asleep: sit outside in silence. If it's cold and I can see my breath, all the better.... I always find it so refreshing, it's like a complete reset for me.

Otherwise...music. blast it, sing until you're dancing to it...
    i love that you’ve mentioned the cold crisp
    air!! i totally forgot about this! i love nothing more than the cold crisp winter air on my skin after a hot shower. sounds weird i know. i just find the house is so stuffy and overheated in winter with the heating blasting, and i always feel hot after a shower, so i open the bathroom window and let the cold air cool my skin down. it’s actually really nice. obviously not for everyone but i love it. dh always whinges how it’s freezing and why do i leave windows open etc. but i love some crisp cold winter fresh air when we are all stuck indoors.

anyway i digress. going out into nature is hugely beneficial to our mental health. anything you can do as far as grounding yourself is really really helpful. things like going outside barefoot onto the grass (may or may not be possible depending on where you live) or walking on the beach barefoot. google grounding yourself and i think there may be more options too.

it’s actually funny, years and years ago there was a range of fragrances i used to love and they had all these “weird” smells, like wet dirt, rain etc. i gravitate towards those and i never knew why. now i know; they’re very grounding. i know those were synthetic and probably not ideal but it’s an interesting insight how these raw, natural smells can help with how we are feeling. i only do essential oils now as i keep away from synthetic fragrances, but i love frankincense and it’s for the same reason; it’s so smoky and earthy smelling, very grounding. young living also has northern lights black spruce eseential oil, which reminds me of being in a forest in sweden under the northern lights. incredibly grounding. i pop these in my diffuser (usually as part of my evening wind-down ritual) and sleep with them on.

anyway that’s a lot of detail and i realize that’s really personalized, but the effects of nature and grounding are amazing.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (20-07-2021),MissTwiggley (20-07-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i love that you’ve mentioned the cold crisp
    air!! i totally forgot about this! i love nothing more than the cold crisp winter air on my skin after a hot shower. sounds weird i know. i just find the house is so stuffy and overheated in winter with the heating blasting, and i always feel hot after a shower, so i open the bathroom window and let the cold air cool my skin down. it’s actually really nice. obviously not for everyone but i love it. dh always whinges how it’s freezing and why do i leave windows open etc. but i love some crisp cold winter fresh air when we are all stuck indoors.

anyway i digress. going out into nature is hugely beneficial to our mental health. anything you can do as far as grounding yourself is really really helpful. things like going outside barefoot onto the grass (may or may not be possible depending on where you live) or walking on the beach barefoot. google grounding yourself and i think there may be more options too.

it’s actually funny, years and years ago there was a range of fragrances i used to love and they had all these “weird” smells, like wet dirt, rain etc. i gravitate towards those and i never knew why. now i know; they’re very grounding. i know those were synthetic and probably not ideal but it’s an interesting insight how these raw, natural smells can help with how we are feeling. i only do essential oils now as i keep away from synthetic fragrances, but i love frankincense and it’s for the same reason; it’s so smoky and earthy smelling, very grounding. young living also has northern lights black spruce eseential oil, which reminds me of being in a forest in sweden under the northern lights. incredibly grounding. i pop these in my diffuser (usually as part of my evening wind-down ritual) and sleep with them on.

anyway that’s a lot of detail and i realize that’s really personalized, but the effects of nature and grounding are amazing.
    Yep. I love the crisp air!! As for the scents, I love fruity sweet stuff, I'm not sure if that's the same 😅

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (20-07-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    whatever works!!

yep i love stepping outside when it’s still dark and super early and it’s sooo crisp. it feels like the world isn’t awake yet as it’s so quiet, and you get to enjoy the best part of the day all you yourself. small things eh? 🥰

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (20-07-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_0932.jpg

just saw this on IG and it made me think of this thread.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (20-07-2021),MissTwiggley (20-07-2021),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (20-07-2021),SJ565 (20-07-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    Attachment 106118

just saw this on IG and it made me think of this thread.
    Thanks hon, that's a great list. xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (21-07-2021)