+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Air Fryer

Hi

Does anyone have an air fryer and can suggest what I can cook in it please ?

Thinking of getting one ..

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by granny1 View Post
    Hi

Does anyone have an air fryer and can suggest what I can cook in it please ?

Thinking of getting one ..

Thanks
    I've only done a few things in ours, but I'm glad we have it:
    Pork Belly- best crackling ever
    Anything from the frozen section that you would do in the oven- nuggets, potato gems, chips etc
    Chicken breast, chicken thighs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    I've only done a few things in ours, but I'm glad we have it:
    Pork Belly- best crackling ever
    Anything from the frozen section that you would do in the oven- nuggets, potato gems, chips etc
    Chicken breast, chicken thighs
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Ninja Foodi multicooker. It has the air fryer function, as well as pressure and slow cook, plus some others. I don't use the air fryer function anywhere near as much as I thought I would, so I'm glad I didn't buy a standalone one. I do, however, use the pressure cooking function heaps!

For air frying, I've really only used it to cook frozen junk food. I have been meaning to do a roast pork in it though, where it gets pressure cooked first and then air fry finish to get crispy crackling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I have a Ninja Foodi multicooker. It has the air fryer function, as well as pressure and slow cook, plus some others. I don't use the air fryer function anywhere near as much as I thought I would, so I'm glad I didn't buy a standalone one. I do, however, use the pressure cooking function heaps!

For air frying, I've really only used it to cook frozen junk food. I have been meaning to do a roast pork in it though, where it gets pressure cooked first and then air fry finish to get crispy crackling.
    I recently brought one too. I’m using it too much for junk food that I wouldn’t normally eat. Air fryer potato gems are

The pressure cooker is good for soups. I tried a roast once (pressure cook and then air dry) and it was really nice. Could have done with a little more pressure cooker time though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I recently brought one too. I’m using it too much for junk food that I wouldn’t normally eat. Air fryer potato gems are

The pressure cooker is good for soups. I tried a roast once (pressure cook and then air dry) and it was really nice. Could have done with a little more pressure cooker time though.
    I've barred myself from buying potato gems and chips, they are so (too) good in the air fryer!
    I've moved onto cooking chicken in there now. I like that it's fast cooking and no pre heating required.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had one for about 18 months and love it!! Anything you'd normally fry, bake, roast....

I've done cakes, brownie, chips, gems, finger/fast food, roast. Most meat can be done in there. Rotisserie chicken 🤤🤤 the cake and brownie didn't work as well, so I still use the big oven.

Df uses it for calamari, dim sums, spring rolls and frozen pizza.

I can do an entire meal in it: chicken roasting pieces, bite sized potato pumpkin and carrot, wedges of onion and 1/4 capsicum. If you're feeling eager you can add a boiled or poached egg, microwave some Peas or corn, or add other veg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post

I use the pressure cooker for so many things; curries, soups, one pot pasta and sauce, pie filling, pulled meat, porcupine meatballs, casseroles etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use mine for roast veges, pies, quiche, chips, anything you could put in the oven or fry. Also great for reheating eg a slice of pizza. Or if DS just wants a couple of meatballs.
    Our oven broke and we didn’t fix it for months because we just used the air fryer, and I even baked cupcakes in there and put Pyrex dish in to cook pasta bake and potato bake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post

Oh thanks. How long do you pressure cook the pork first ? Then how long into the air fryer ?