+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,246
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked
    3,506
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Air Fryer

    Hi

    Does anyone have an air fryer and can suggest what I can cook in it please ?

    Thinking of getting one ..

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,556
    Thanks
    2,643
    Thanked
    1,812
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by granny1 View Post
    Hi

    Does anyone have an air fryer and can suggest what I can cook in it please ?

    Thinking of getting one ..

    Thanks
    I've only done a few things in ours, but I'm glad we have it:
    Pork Belly- best crackling ever
    Anything from the frozen section that you would do in the oven- nuggets, potato gems, chips etc
    Chicken breast, chicken thighs

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,246
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked
    3,506
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    I've only done a few things in ours, but I'm glad we have it:
    Pork Belly- best crackling ever
    Anything from the frozen section that you would do in the oven- nuggets, potato gems, chips etc
    Chicken breast, chicken thighs
    Thank you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,518
    Thanks
    7,498
    Thanked
    6,941
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a Ninja Foodi multicooker. It has the air fryer function, as well as pressure and slow cook, plus some others. I don't use the air fryer function anywhere near as much as I thought I would, so I'm glad I didn't buy a standalone one. I do, however, use the pressure cooking function heaps!

    For air frying, I've really only used it to cook frozen junk food. I have been meaning to do a roast pork in it though, where it gets pressure cooked first and then air fry finish to get crispy crackling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    6,817
    Thanks
    9,296
    Thanked
    5,926
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I have a Ninja Foodi multicooker. It has the air fryer function, as well as pressure and slow cook, plus some others. I don't use the air fryer function anywhere near as much as I thought I would, so I'm glad I didn't buy a standalone one. I do, however, use the pressure cooking function heaps!

    For air frying, I've really only used it to cook frozen junk food. I have been meaning to do a roast pork in it though, where it gets pressure cooked first and then air fry finish to get crispy crackling.
    I recently brought one too. I’m using it too much for junk food that I wouldn’t normally eat. Air fryer potato gems are

    The pressure cooker is good for soups. I tried a roast once (pressure cook and then air dry) and it was really nice. Could have done with a little more pressure cooker time though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,556
    Thanks
    2,643
    Thanked
    1,812
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I recently brought one too. I’m using it too much for junk food that I wouldn’t normally eat. Air fryer potato gems are

    The pressure cooker is good for soups. I tried a roast once (pressure cook and then air dry) and it was really nice. Could have done with a little more pressure cooker time though.
    I've barred myself from buying potato gems and chips, they are so (too) good in the air fryer!
    I've moved onto cooking chicken in there now. I like that it's fast cooking and no pre heating required.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,928
    Thanks
    1,870
    Thanked
    5,861
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had one for about 18 months and love it!! Anything you'd normally fry, bake, roast....

    I've done cakes, brownie, chips, gems, finger/fast food, roast. Most meat can be done in there. Rotisserie chicken 🤤🤤 the cake and brownie didn't work as well, so I still use the big oven.

    Df uses it for calamari, dim sums, spring rolls and frozen pizza.

    I can do an entire meal in it: chicken roasting pieces, bite sized potato pumpkin and carrot, wedges of onion and 1/4 capsicum. If you're feeling eager you can add a boiled or poached egg, microwave some Peas or corn, or add other veg.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,518
    Thanks
    7,498
    Thanked
    6,941
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I recently brought one too. I’m using it too much for junk food that I wouldn’t normally eat. Air fryer potato gems are

    The pressure cooker is good for soups. I tried a roast once (pressure cook and then air dry) and it was really nice. Could have done with a little more pressure cooker time though.
    I use the pressure cooker for so many things; curries, soups, one pot pasta and sauce, pie filling, pulled meat, porcupine meatballs, casseroles etc.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,793
    Thanks
    912
    Thanked
    716
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use mine for roast veges, pies, quiche, chips, anything you could put in the oven or fry. Also great for reheating eg a slice of pizza. Or if DS just wants a couple of meatballs.
    Our oven broke and we didn’t fix it for months because we just used the air fryer, and I even baked cupcakes in there and put Pyrex dish in to cook pasta bake and potato bake.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,246
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked
    3,506
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I have a Ninja Foodi multicooker. It has the air fryer function, as well as pressure and slow cook, plus some others. I don't use the air fryer function anywhere near as much as I thought I would, so I'm glad I didn't buy a standalone one. I do, however, use the pressure cooking function heaps!

    For air frying, I've really only used it to cook frozen junk food. I have been meaning to do a roast pork in it though, where it gets pressure cooked first and then air fry finish to get crispy crackling.
    Oh thanks. How long do you pressure cook the pork first ? Then how long into the air fryer ?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Air Fryer Recipes
    By bpac in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 27-12-2014, 08:03
  2. Air Fryer
    By bpac in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 18-07-2014, 13:40
  3. Kitchen Aid & Air fryer or Thermomix?
    By Phony in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 21:28
  4. Air fryer?!
    By me+he&she=three in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-05-2014, 12:41
  5. Who has an air fryer?
    By moongazer in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 14-04-2014, 21:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby MonitorsLooking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...

ADVERTISEMENT