+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default MMC help

Hi All

I found out Friday that I've had another MMC.
    I had 2 scans, the first was when By LMP I should've been 6w6d but bub measured 5w4d (or 3d) and she said the HR of 79 was just because it probably just started and then 15 days later when I should've been about 8- 9 weeks but bub had stopped growing at 5w6d.

I've had a MMC before but it was twins that we lost just before 10 weeks so my OB wanted to do a D&C.

I've never had to let it happen naturally and I'm struggling, essentially I've known for 3 days but bub stopped growing about 2 weeks ago and I don't know how long it takes.
    I'm so bloated and have some cramping. I still feel pregnant as I have nausea full on still and it's messing with me.

Should I be bleeding by now?

I'm seeing my Dr tomorrow to see if they can give me anything to help. It's affecting my mental health.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so sorry you're going through this.

With mine,I woke up one morning and said I don't feel pregnant anymore. I was told I was being silly 😒 a few days later I started light spotting that gradually got heavier. I had a scan at 7 weeks. Bub was 5w3d with no he. I got the "sorry...." talk. My huge fell, spotting got heavier, then I got massive cramps at 8 weeks and passed some stuff, then it eased off.
    Last edited by EnchantedGrace; 14-06-2021 at 20:57.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

Simyt (15-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lovely, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Life can be very cruel sometimes.

I found out at 6 weeks with my first pregnancy that there was no heartbeat, and that it was a miscarriage. I'd had a tiny amount of spotting a couple of days leading up to that scan. My OB gave me the option to wait it out, or to take misoprostol. I took the drugs because the thought of walking around, living life waiting for the miscarriage was agony.

You could ask your Dr to prescribe that if you think you want to get it over with. I'm not going to lie though, the pain was extreme for a good 6 hours for me, and it took maybe a couple of days to actually pass the pregnancy.

Thinking of you. Loss is heartbreaking

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FayBelle For This Useful Post:

Simyt (15-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so very sorry for your loss ❤️ When I had a MMC (baby stopped growing at ~6w4d), I was prescribed misoprostol to bring on the miscarriage rather than wait potentially weeks. It was the right decision for me, and I'd make the same choice again. It was quite painful, but not extreme (I didn't take the endone that I asked for just in case I needed it - in the end, I only took panadol and nurofen). If this is what you choose to do, I'd recommend:

- Taking the first dose in the morning. I took it in the afternoon, and the worst of my pain (passing the sac) was at about 3am that night, which made everything worse

- Have someone stay with you for the day to curl up on the couch, give you hugs, etc.

- Ask for a script for decent painkillers (endone or similar), and fill it just in case. The pain will be different for everyone, and it's so helpful knowing you can take something stronger if you need it

- Have a heat pack, and whatever comfort food/tv will help get you through.

xo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to a million dreams For This Useful Post:

Simyt (15-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MMC help

I am so sorry you’re going through this lovely.

When I had a missed miscarriage I was having mild spotting from about 4w3d which didn’t increase to bleeding until 5w4d and even then it wasn’t heavy. I didn’t end up actually miscarrying until 7w1d so it took weeks and it was agonising knowing deep down it was going to end that way but hoping there was that 1% chance it wouldn’t and just waiting and waiting.

The scans I had indicated baby stopped growing at around the 5 week mark I had to have two scans 2 weeks apart to confirm this was the case and I hadn’t got dates wrong and was assuming I was further along.

I wasn’t offered any medications other than some painkillers to take as the cramping was pretty rough the day of. They got me in for a follow up scan a couple of weeks after to make sure that it was a complete miscarriage and didn’t require a D&C.

Definitely speak to your GP about how you’re feeling & see if they can guide you or give you some options. Be kind to yourself, it’s not an easy thing to deal with by any means. ♥️♥️
    Last edited by Loh4; 14-06-2021 at 23:39.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Loh4 For This Useful Post:

Simyt (15-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
    I'm so sorry you're going through this.

With mine,I woke up one morning and said I don't feel pregnant anymore. I was told I was being silly a few days later I started light spotting that gradually got heavier. I had a scan at 7 weeks. Bub was 5w3d with no he. I got the "sorry...." talk. My huge fell, spotting got heavier, then I got massive cramps at 8 weeks and passed some stuff, then it eased off.
    Thanks for this, I didn't have spotting but I do understand the not feeling pregnant anymore thing, I felt that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FayBelle View Post
    Hey lovely, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Life can be very cruel sometimes.

I found out at 6 weeks with my first pregnancy that there was no heartbeat, and that it was a miscarriage. I'd had a tiny amount of spotting a couple of days leading up to that scan. My OB gave me the option to wait it out, or to take misoprostol. I took the drugs because the thought of walking around, living life waiting for the miscarriage was agony.

You could ask your Dr to prescribe that if you think you want to get it over with. I'm not going to lie though, the pain was extreme for a good 6 hours for me, and it took maybe a couple of days to actually pass the pregnancy.

Thinking of you. Loss is heartbreaking
    Thanks hun, I am going to ask for medication tonight, I can't cope anymore just waiting knowing it's already gone. It's just messing with me and I feel physically ill all the time thinking about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by a million dreams View Post
    I'm so very sorry for your loss ️ When I had a MMC (baby stopped growing at ~6w4d), I was prescribed misoprostol to bring on the miscarriage rather than wait potentially weeks. It was the right decision for me, and I'd make the same choice again. It was quite painful, but not extreme (I didn't take the endone that I asked for just in case I needed it - in the end, I only took panadol and nurofen). If this is what you choose to do, I'd recommend:

- Taking the first dose in the morning. I took it in the afternoon, and the worst of my pain (passing the sac) was at about 3am that night, which made everything worse

- Have someone stay with you for the day to curl up on the couch, give you hugs, etc.

- Ask for a script for decent painkillers (endone or similar), and fill it just in case. The pain will be different for everyone, and it's so helpful knowing you can take something stronger if you need it

- Have a heat pack, and whatever comfort food/tv will help get you through.

xo
    Thanks so much for your advice, I really appreciate this so much.
    I've never had to medically intervene as I've always previously bled or had to have a curette so this is new for me and I hate the emotional rollercoaster.
    I just want it over so I'll take your advice and do all of that when I see my GP today X

Thank you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simyt For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (15-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    I am so sorry you’re going through this lovely.

When I had a missed miscarriage I was having mild spotting from about 4w3d which didn’t increase to bleeding until 5w4d and even then it wasn’t heavy. I didn’t end up actually miscarrying until 7w1d so it took weeks and it was agonising knowing deep down it was going to end that way but hoping there was that 1% chance it wouldn’t and just waiting and waiting.

The scans I had indicated baby stopped growing at around the 5 week mark I had to have two scans 2 weeks apart to confirm this was the case and I hadn’t got dates wrong and was assuming I was further along.

I wasn’t offered any medications other than some painkillers to take as the cramping was pretty rough the day of. They got me in for a follow up scan a couple of weeks after to make sure that it was a complete miscarriage and didn’t require a D&C.

Definitely speak to your GP about how you’re feeling & see if they can guide you or give you some options. Be kind to yourself, it’s not an easy thing to deal with by any means.
    Thank you, it's just an awfully sad situation to have to go through, appreciate your kind words and advice x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’m very sorry
    My baby stopped growing at 6w , then started bleeding at 9 weeks