+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did Cairns/Port Douglas pre kids but Kuranda was gorgeous. We went up on the train and back on the sky rail.

My parents have just driven via Winton up to Darwin and they absolutely loved the dinosaurs up there. My dh has wanted to go up for a long time but wants to also visit Hughenden and the ‘dinosaur trail’. My kids are huge dinosaur enthusiasts so it is high on our list of places to visit. My parents also went to the actual site where the dinosaur stampede footprints were and said it was worth the drive out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (10-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd give dreamworld a miss, we were there over the weekend, it was just boring. It's not what I remember it before the accident happened.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For younger kids, I highly recommend Aussie World on the Sunshine Coast

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys are awesome, thank you so so much! I've added each and every suggestion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    I'd give dreamworld a miss, we were there over the weekend, it was just boring. It's not what I remember it before the accident happened.
    What did you feel had changed? I want to take the boys just so I can say they've at least seen it once. I haven't been to QLD since I was little and I can't imagine how much it has changed in that time. I remember there was a place you could take photos with a snake around your neck? I don't think it was a zoo though. I also have memories of running across this massive park where my cousin lived and there was a mcdonalds right across the park. Haha the things kids remember.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    Agreed. We had an annual pass when DD was still free because we’d go see the wiggles. They’ve since closed the log ride, which was always a favourite. It’s not the dreamworld of my youth, that’s for sure. Although if you’ve got young children you can easily spend most of the day between Wiggles world/ABC kids world, the Nickelodeon section and corroboree plus tiger island.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (10-06-2021),MissTwiggley (10-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Agreed. We had an annual pass when DD was still free because we’d go see the wiggles. They’ve since closed the log ride, which was always a favourite. It’s not the dreamworld of my youth, that’s for sure. Although if you’ve got young children you can easily spend most of the day between Wiggles world/ABC kids world, the Nickelodeon section and corroboree plus tiger island.
    So Dreamworld is good for say a 4year old? As we looking at doing some of the theme parks but thought movie world might be too boring for her and thought Dreamworld would be better. As well as SeaWorld

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecrazycatlady View Post
    So Dreamworld is good for say a 4year old? As we looking at doing some of the theme parks but thought movie world might be too boring for her and thought Dreamworld would be better. As well as SeaWorld
    I reckon it’d be fine. It depends on whether she’d be happy going on the rides in abc kids world as that’s probably where you’d spend a bit of time. You can always jump on the website and see what heights are needed for different rides so there’s a bit more option. DD loved the Dorothy tea cups, the play school wheel (Ferris wheel), the carousel, and the shrek donkey flyers. I can’t think if we did any other rides as it’s been ages (and my brain is fried), but the two of us easily spent full days there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thecrazycatlady (10-06-2021)