+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bucket lists!

It may just be the mid life crisis I think I'm experiencing, but I've decided to make a bucket list.

Do you have one? If so, whats on yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not a physical one.... but mentally I do.

To really see Australia
    To build /buy a house
    I want to do something, to do "good" / be helpful and somehow recognised for it. (Aka I want to REALLY make a difference. Not after the recognition or attention, but I'd love to contribute something to society that IS recognised because it's so good) I'm saying this all wrong 🤣I'm not sure what that looks like yet though. Maybe advocate for something... and make people aware...change attitudes/ reduce sigma type of thing. I don't want it to be "Enchanted Grace did xyz" but rather just make a positive change and have that remembered.
    To see the kids grow up
    See grandkids
    Possibly go zipping or in a hot air balloon or skydiving etc
    Last edited by EnchantedGrace; 05-06-2021 at 02:23.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (05-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To go on my dream holiday for 3 months and see the world.
    Move back to Melbourne and live near my DD ( she asked me to move back )
    Lose weight
    Find something that makes me happy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Spend 6 months living in Tuscany, cooking, drinking wine, exploring.
    Swim with whale sharks.
    A luxury girls week away with my sister.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    To eat my way around Italy ☕️

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bucket lists!

Boutique tour of the Kimberly region. And maybe some of the NT and northern Qld. Outback type stuff with a luxury flare.

Cycling tour of NZ. I saw one advertised that was along a disused railway line (I don’t like riding on the road with traffic).

See my amazing DD grow up and spend plenty of time with grandkids (if she decides to have children).

To achieve something that has a real positive impact. Not sure what, I’m working on that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    - Travel around Australia. I really want to go to Broome, but DH has no interest

- Travel around Europe. Ever since I was a little girl I’ve wanted to go to Switzerland as the scenery is so beautiful.

- See Antarctica. This one is shared with my 92 (almost 93) year old Nanna. If I won lotto today I’d book us on the Qantas flight ASAP for the best seats I could afford so she could see Antarctica before she died. Even if I blew my entire lotto win on the expensive seats, it would be totally worth it to be able to share that with her. It was all she wanted for her 90th birthday, but everyone else just rolled their eyes at her.

- See my babies grow up and succeed in life, whether it be personally or professionally. I just want to be able to die happy knowing they’ve become the best version of themselves possible.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    go to all the places in the world that i want to see. maybe even spend some time living overseas, it’s a major regret i have that it never happened in my twenties.

if my kids choose to have kids, i want to be around for my grandkids

like EG, i have this deep yearning to do something that effects a positive change too. i guess this is one that’s sort of dependent on perspective though, like maybe we are all making little changes of progress as we move through life. not everyone is destined for massive leaps and bounds. but i feel i have this calling inside of me that i am yet to uncover. i feel i’m on my way and by living my life in alignment with my values, i feel like i’m moving towards this goal, but progress feels slow (or i’m just impatient).

learn to sing. i can carry a tune but i’d love to get lessons and learn a few songs that i could perform publicly. not that i have any desire for attention, just to be able to sing at that level.

travel and experiences would be my major bucket list items.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bucket lists!

Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    - See Antarctica. This one is shared with my 92 (almost 93) year old Nanna. If I won lotto today I’d book us on the Qantas flight ASAP for the best seats I could afford so she could see Antarctica before she died. Even if I blew my entire lotto win on the expensive seats, it would be totally worth it to be able to share that with her. It was all she wanted for her 90th birthday, but everyone else just rolled their eyes at her..
    I don’t think it’s that expensive to do the flight over Antartica. Tickets starting from $1200. https://www.chimuadventures.com/en-a...iAAEgKDHvD_BwE

Happy 93rd birthday present?

Edit: DH flew over Antarctica a couple of times when flying Sydney to South Africa. He said it was pretty amazing and it’s wasn’t even a proper tour, the plane just happened to be flying that way. It would be so cool for your Nana to get her wish.
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 05-06-2021 at 11:37.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (05-06-2021),MLadyEm (05-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like everyone else travel the world.
    Hot air ballooning would be great
    Own a few acres and have a few Alaskin Malamutes to breed.
    Most of my other wants are more life goals. eg more kids, finishing of my degree and getting into masters/ PhD in psychology.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Thecrazycatlady For This Useful Post: