+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 35 yo egg donor - any advice please help

I’m trying to choose an egg donor and there is one that looks most like me, my height, weight etc but she is 35. She has had 4 kids which apparently can increase egg reserves and I don’t know how many egg donations she has done as it’s an overseas clinic.
    Do you think it’s too risky to go with a 35 yo egg donor? Obviously I want the most eggs for highest fertilisation rate and less chance of chromosomal problems but is 35 ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Jobaby1 can you ask how recently she had her kids? If she had, for example, two healthy pregnancies in the last four years that's a pretty positive sign. If on the other hand she them at 20, 22, 25 and 27 (just an example) then the fact that she has four kids doesn't tell you too much. Another example - falling pregnant easily four times in close succession and having a healthy pregnancy each time indicates great fertility. By contrast, four pregnancies which were a struggle to achieve over many years....not so much.

Does that make sense?

Also, does the clinic guarantee a minimum number of high grade day 5 embryos per cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi she had one in 2005 so 16 years ago and what appears to be triplets in 2010. There is history of multiple births. I get limited information and see the triplets were 2 boys and a girl so not identical and she carried to 38 weeks. I do not know how many times she has donored since and what numbers she had from egg collection.

Clinic only says “ Before going to the program all of our donors are tested for the Karyotype (genetic malformations) and other needed examinations. Before the stimulation, they also are passing all the needed examinations (hormone levels, scans, folliculometries) and only after are approved for the stimulation”.

Appreciate your advice? What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    In 2005 she would of been 19! In 2010 with triplets she would of been 24! Now is 10 years later.

I have asked about her donations since and number of eggs and blastocysts and blastocyst quality but I doubt I’ll be told.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And the great fertility could of been due to quality of younger eggs or health of physical body at the time. She is now -10 years older. It feels like such a risk but I’m sure I’ve read of women having great ivf outcomes at 35? Maybe that’s another question I should ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    @Jobaby1 can you ask how recently she had her kids? If she had, for example, two healthy pregnancies in the last four years that's a pretty positive sign. If on the other hand she them at 20, 22, 25 and 27 (just an example) then the fact that she has four kids doesn't tell you too much. Another example - falling pregnant easily four times in close succession and having a healthy pregnancy each time indicates great fertility. By contrast, four pregnancies which were a struggle to achieve over many years....not so much.

Does that make sense?

Also, does the clinic guarantee a minimum number of high grade day 5 embryos per cycle?
    Just researched and they do guarantee

We guarantee:
    more than 10 mature oocytes and 2 blastocysts for embryo transfer

Please note!

Guarantee is granted in case of acceptive sperm parameters, including DNA fragmentation level.

So I need the sperm to be of a level to achieve the guarantee.

Thanks for your help Kalina. It’s always helpful to ask a stranger apologies for all the messages. What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobaby1 View Post
    Just researched and they do guarantee

We guarantee:
    more than 10 mature oocytes and 2 blastocysts for embryo transfer

Please note!

Guarantee is granted in case of acceptive sperm parameters, including DNA fragmentation level.

So I need the sperm to be of a level to achieve the guarantee.

Thanks for your help Kalina. It’s always helpful to ask a stranger apologies for all the messages. What do you think?
    They don’t specify high grade though do they. So confused what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I wouldn't - using donor eggs is such a big thing, you want to give yourself the best possible chance, and statistically that means younger eggs. I'd rather use younger eggs (under 30) from someone who'd had a couple of successful pregnancies in the last few years who didn't look as much like me - the sperm donor will play a big part in your child's appearance, and there are plenty of kids who look very different to the woman whose egg they came from ❤️

9. The Following User Says Thank You to a million dreams For This Useful Post:

Jobaby1xxxx (03-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by a million dreams View Post
    Personally I wouldn't - using donor eggs is such a big thing, you want to give yourself the best possible chance, and statistically that means younger eggs. I'd rather use younger eggs (under 30) from someone who'd had a couple of successful pregnancies in the last few years who didn't look as much like me - the sperm donor will play a big part in your child's appearance, and there are plenty of kids who look very different to the woman whose egg they came from ❤️
    Thank you. I do agree particularly with this process through covid it is so much harder.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jobaby1xxxx For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (03-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobaby1 View Post
    Thank you. I do agree particularly with this process through covid it is so much harder.
    Like the pp said, give yourself the best possible chance. Ideally, that's a donor under 32 who has her own child/ren AND has donated before, with the donation resulting in a live birth. It may sound like a lot to ask for, but it's really not, a good clinic will have those options.

Also be very careful in choosing a clinic. There are many good ones, but there are also many riding the profit wave - o/s egg donation is big business and it's not hard to get ripped off. I got swindled by the first clinic I chose, it adds another layer of pain and difficulty to ivf, you don't need that.

This is an added, personal preference, but look into how they select and look after donors.

And I would clarify that the guarantee is for high grade blastocysts, and not just a verbal or email "yes, they're great", but on paper from the lab.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (03-06-2021),Jobaby1xxxx (03-06-2021)