+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsl73 View Post
    Hi everyone.

I haven’t been on in a while but just an update on me.

The love of my life, Christopher, turned two last weekend. I cannot believe how quickly time has passed. After losing my precious angel Zoe at 28 weeks, I never thought it would be possible for me to become a mum, but with the amazing help from Dr N, I now have a two year old.

I had hoped that by now I would have had a second, or one on the way. We were due to fly to Greece last April, but Covid had other plans for us all.

At the moment I am making enquiries regarding travel and quarantine options. I have emailed Chris Lancaster and just waiting for a response. Also just trying to get as much advice and information I can regarding travel exemption. I want to hopefully apply only once and get it. We will be flying as a family, as DH needs to do his thing.

Hoping and praying that we can travel late august early September. I’m 48 yrs old in a couple of months and I don’t want to waste anymore time waiting for borders to open, as I don’t see that happening for a couple of years the way this nightmare is going.

Our donor, the same one we had for Christopher, did egg collection for us last year, so they are there waiting for us to be fertilized.

Any advice re applying for exemption and traveling is greatly appreciated.

Attachment 106018
    Happy Birthday Christopher! What a precious little boy he is. So great to get the update from you and wishing you all the luck for your next adventure to Dr N xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone.

I haven’t been on in a while but just an update on me.

The love of my life, Christopher, turned two last weekend. I cannot believe how quickly time has passed. After losing my precious angel Zoe at 28 weeks, I never thought it would be possible for me to become a mum, but with the amazing help from Dr N, I now have a two year old.

I had hoped that by now I would have had a second, or one on the way. We were due to fly to Greece last April, but Covid had other plans for us all.

At the moment I am making enquiries regarding travel and quarantine options. I have emailed Chris Lancaster and just waiting for a response. Also just trying to get as much advice and information I can regarding travel exemption. I want to hopefully apply only once and get it. We will be flying as a family, as DH needs to do his thing.

Hoping and praying that we can travel late august early September. I’m 48 yrs old in a couple of months and I don’t want to waste anymore time waiting for borders to open, as I don’t see that happening for a couple of years the way this nightmare is going.

Our donor, the same one we had for Christopher, did egg collection for us last year, so they are there waiting for us to be fertilized.

Any advice re applying for exemption and traveling is greatly appreciated.

Attachment 106018
    Very exciting and happy birthday to Christopher.

I also have used Chris L for flights and accommodation. He’s been great so far.

Re. Exemption it was pretty straight forward. I got a letter from my Greek clinic (which I drafted and just got them to put on their letter head) as below. I also included a cycle summary from them from Oct 2019 that showed we had two frozen embryos there with our patient ID number, names etc so they knew they were ours. And I wrote a personal letter basically reiterating what was on the clinic letter and also saying how much my emotions and mental health was suffering as a consequence of not being able to access them. I didn’t mention anything about it being egg donor on the forms. I applied under compassionate grounds.

Dear Australian Border Force,
    M & J suffer from complex, multifaceted infertility. They are current patients of our clinic, Iakentro, and have two embryos frozen at our clinic in Athens.
    Since 2016, they have completed 7 in-vitro fertilisation cycles and 9 frozen embryo transfer cycles and experienced multiple miscarriages and failed cycles through treatment in Australia.
    In 2019, M & J travelled to Iakentro in Athens and were successful in achieving a pregnancy resulting in their daughter. They now wish to access their remaining two embryos to try for a sibling. To complete an embryo transfer cycle using their remaining embryos, they are required to travel to Athens, Greece.
    Due to the travel restrictions with COVID-19, we kindly request that you grant an exemption for M to travel to Athens, Greece at the end of June 2021, for medical treatment not readily available in Australia.
    M will only be required to stay in Athens for three days to enable medical treatment, before returning to Australia. M meets category 1B for the Australian COVID-19 vaccine regime and has organised for her vaccinations to be completed before travelling.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (07-06-2021),Aok (06-06-2021),BabyO (06-06-2021),bumbles222 (11-06-2021),Medusa73 (05-06-2021),Mrsl73 (06-06-2021),Mydreambaby (06-06-2021),Vicky74 (06-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aok I have tried messaging you but your inbox is full. Let me know when you have space xx
    Christopher is a little cutie 🥰!!!
    I’ve cleared my inbox x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Very exciting and happy birthday to Christopher.

I also have used Chris L for flights and accommodation. He’s been great so far.

Re. Exemption it was pretty straight forward. I got a letter from my Greek clinic (which I drafted and just got them to put on their letter head) as below. I also included a cycle summary from them from Oct 2019 that showed we had two frozen embryos there with our patient ID number, names etc so they knew they were ours. And I wrote a personal letter basically reiterating what was on the clinic letter and also saying how much my emotions and mental health was suffering as a consequence of not being able to access them. I didn’t mention anything about it being egg donor on the forms. I applied under compassionate grounds.

Dear Australian Border Force,
    M & J suffer from complex, multifaceted infertility. They are current patients of our clinic, Iakentro, and have two embryos frozen at our clinic in Athens.
    Since 2016, they have completed 7 in-vitro fertilisation cycles and 9 frozen embryo transfer cycles and experienced multiple miscarriages and failed cycles through treatment in Australia.
    In 2019, M & J travelled to Iakentro in Athens and were successful in achieving a pregnancy resulting in their daughter. They now wish to access their remaining two embryos to try for a sibling. To complete an embryo transfer cycle using their remaining embryos, they are required to travel to Athens, Greece.
    Due to the travel restrictions with COVID-19, we kindly request that you grant an exemption for M to travel to Athens, Greece at the end of June 2021, for medical treatment not readily available in Australia.
    M will only be required to stay in Athens for three days to enable medical treatment, before returning to Australia. M meets category 1B for the Australian COVID-19 vaccine regime and has organised for her vaccinations to be completed before travelling.

Thank you soooo much for this info.
    It’s very valuable

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

BabyO (07-06-2021),bumbles222 (11-06-2021),Hopeful137 (06-06-2021),Vicky74 (09-06-2021)