+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Big hugs LM. sounds like he's resilient thanks to you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy (10-05-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Big hugs LM. sounds like he's resilient thanks to you.
    Thank you. He is so resilient. Hopefully Botox works for him. I’m so nervous about it but it’s what he wants and needs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After the boy started wearing undies during the day and remaining dry, we just deleted nappies at night too.
    He went to bed naked, then anytime he would we the bed he would be uncomfortable pretty instantly, come and wake me up so I changed his sheets, then back to bed.
    It took around a year for him to become dry at night most of the time.

I had three vinyl mattress protectors, sometimes it would mean having to change his sheets twice in one night.
    I went with my dads idea he had to be made physically uncomfortable in a wet bed before it would improve.

It worked! Once in a while he has an accident at night but it's rare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’d go back to pull ups but go ahead with sleepovers, providing your daughter is comfortable with how she would like to manage discarding of pull up in the morning.

Like a PP mentioned, being dry at night can’t be taught. The child needs to make and release adequate amounts of ADH (anti diuretic hormone). When this occurs is child dependent and I believe anything up until 8 years old is typical.

Maybe have a chat with GP next time your visiting for yourself?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HappyDaysAllRound For This Useful Post:

Stretched (11-05-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mamasupial our DD1's are the same age. I think you will be surprised by the number of year 1's still in pull ups at night. DD1 (who was dry from 2 day and night) started bed wetting again when covid started so we put her into pull ups for about 4 weeks I think. She was telling me about friends that wore pull ups and initially I thought she was saying it to make herself feel better about wearing them but they were. And still do. One of them is seven in August and her brother was exactly the same.

Maybe just have a chat with the other parent and ask them to be discreet and let your DD know what you've done but I don't think she would get teased, kids are pretty understanding and considerate of their friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    So we ended up going back to the pull ups after about a week. She had no dry nights. I've also said that for now we will stick to day play dates. She had her first one Friday afternoon after school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    not really relevant to the OP’s question, but ds ended up coming home yesterday from a 2 hour road journey in one of dd’s nappies. we did a toilet break before we hit the road and he did a big wee. he then had a 500ml orange juice and started saying he needed to wee. dh gets off the freeway honestly i think it was about 3 times, we tell him there’s no bathrooms so it’ll have to be a tree wee (into a bush at the side of the road). he’s claiming he’s desperate to go but as soon as we stop, he refuses. then claims he can hold on. we got pretty exasperated with him as we didn’t want a peed on car seat but his refusal to just go was getting annoying and we just wanted to get home. in the end i said ok you’re going home in a nappy of dd’s if you can’t wee on the grass. he asked for a pull up (which of course we didn’t have) but all we had was a nappy. so i chucked that on him and his undies over the top and that’s how he got home. after all that, the nappy was bone dry when we got home so he could hold on. but he made a beeline for the toilet as soon as we rolled into the garage. kids eh!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So DD is 5 in July & has still worn pull ups to bed even though she has not wet over nite in about 10 months.....tonight is night one with no pull up, I hope I havnt jinxed myself 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Night one was a success I think she will be right 🤞🏻

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissMooMumma For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata (24-05-2021),Mamasupial (24-05-2021),MLadyEm (24-05-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMooMumma View Post
    Night one was a success I think she will be right 🤞🏻
    Well done

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

MissMooMumma (24-05-2021)