+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mothers Day - the joys or vents

How was your day? All that you dreamed or a nightmare? Fabulous or awful? Share it here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’ll start, it held such promise and just ended up being ho hum. It’s the first Mother’s Day that DD, my mum, MIL and I are all in the same city. It was great that I could see everyone (my mum yesterday and MIL today). But the traffic was awful so I spent 3 hours getting to and from the catch up with mum yesterday and nearly 4 hours for today.

Today was a bit of a let down. The SILs picked the picnic spot for MIL. It was miles from our place (and there was road closures for a triathlon), so we were late. By the time we ate, everyone else was ready to go home.

DD bought me some cute stuff from the Mother’s Day stall. DH didn’t get me anything (I’m not his mum!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pretty good day here, lovely gifts, flowers and homemade cards. Lots of drama with a family member so I’ve had to head out and help there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Underwhelming and I feel completely unappreciated. The hardest part is seeing photos of all the cards and gifts and reading stories of everyone's lovely day (planned by their SO) on Facebook. I've had to tune out.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

ICanDream (09-05-2021),JJZK (10-05-2021),turquoisecoast (09-05-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just another day here. Dd1 stayed at her dads last night and celebrated with his new gf and her kids, I didn’t even get a message off her but oh well. The other kids said happy Mother’s Day to me but that’s it, which is fine. We went to the beach this arv and they met the guy I’m seeing, wasn’t sure how it would go but they all adored him and he adored them. It was pretty sweet actually and made the day special.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just another day here. No kids living at home and DH started work at 730am and is due home at 645pm. I’ve cooked dinner and am just waiting for him to come home . It’s days like this I miss my kids. Only 8 sleeps until I’m off to Melbourne to spend a week with my DD and we will have a belated Mother’s Day at Phillip Island for the day .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by granny1 View Post
    Just another day here. No kids living at home and DH started work at 730am and is due home at 645pm. I’ve cooked dinner and am just waiting for him to come home . It’s days like this I miss my kids. Only 8 sleeps until I’m off to Melbourne to spend a week with my DD and we will have a belated Mother’s Day at Phillip Island for the day .
    we are in phillip island next weekend. if you see us around cape woolamai be sure to come up and say hi!! 🥰

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    my day was technically nice but i always feel intense pressure to “enjoy” the day and struggle because my feelings underneath never match what i feel i “should” be feeling. dh did well and organized an early dinner last night, mil came along. my meal itself was a bit disappointing but they took it off the bill after i mentioned it to the waiter. mil stayed over which i find really taxing, she’s very full on and i like to wake up slowly and it’s hard enough with young kids having to be “on” from the second you wake up, but was even more pronounced with her here. dh gave me a sleep in and then i opened a few gifts from the kids (him) and a nice card. he made pancakes for breaky. we then went down to the local botanical gardens as the day was stunning and we took the drone for a fly. came home as was dd’s nap time so i put her down and dh and ds took mil home. the boys got back and we hung around for a bit then decided to try and go out for dinner (unplanned therefore couldn’t get in anywhere) so ended up ordering nice mexican takeaway. just finished dinner and will put the kids to bed then will relax with a margarita.

can’t complain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SO did a good enough job but I was sick as a dog. So he did the best thing in the circumstances and took DD out most of the day and I slept. Bit of a bummer but nobody’s fault.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thing I struggle with on Mother’s Day is that the thing I value above almost anything else is alone time (or at least child free time), but it would be frowned upon to spend the day without my kids and I guess I only get to be celebrated on Mother’s Day because of the kids so makes sense that I should spend the day with them.

DH and the kids got me some really thoughtful gifts. They also put together a gorgeous video where DH filmed the kids answering questions about me (how tall is she, what does she love to do, what’s your favourite thing about her, etc.). He was up until 1am editing it and then DD woke up 3 times which I had no idea about this morning. He really does cherish me and does what he can to show his appreciation.

We went to my parents house for breakfast, my sister was supposed to be there but her house was knocked out with gastro so we had a nice peaceful breakfast / morning visit. Then in the afternoon went to the park and for a walk around this stunning historic estate which has been opened up to the public. The kids complained a bit as it was a 3km+ walk but overall they were pretty good.

Then I cooked dinner (DH offered but he takes too long ) and we are now putting the kids to bed.

My best friend lost her mum last year and this was her first Mother’s Day without her. It really opened my eyes to what a challenge these kinds of events can be for people who are missing loved ones. Big hugs to everyone who is missing their mum today xx