+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What are you wanting/giving for Mother's day?

All I can think of is a magic fairy to tidy my house. I feel like I need to ask for something so I don't get given something I really don't want or need.

I won't be seeing my mum this mother's day, so was thinking of sending her flowers or a plant.

What are you hoping for? Have you got any great ideas for gifts for your own mum/special person?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's highly likely that I won't receive a single thing or even recognition of the day. The boys are too little and as DS1 is homeschooled, he doesn't have the external reminder/access to a school-run mother's day stall.

Even when we were together, DH is generally thoughtless and wouldn't go to much effort to do anything for Mother's Day (or other special occasions). He would often just say it in passing and that would be it. So I'm not expecting much this year.
    I will be visiting my mum who is in care and DH will take the boys to visit MIL. I have put together a custom canvas for each grandmother, and will be gifting that along with some books they would enjoy.

I might buy myself a card and have the boys draw something in it. Maybe sneak in a present too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

Kalina (05-05-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Absolutely buy yourself a gift if the kids are too small! All mums need spoiling.

I bought my mum and MIL fancy organic chocolates. Sent mum's in a vintage tin (she collects them), MIL got handmade cards from the kids.

I requested dangly hippy earrings for myself, hubby usually buys some foodie treat too. We'll see. But he's good and gives me the day off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    don’t really want much of anything, as usual i just buy whatever i want/need as it comes up. a nice card from the kids (aka dh) and he’s organized an early dinner on saturday and mil is coming along to that too. pretty low key beyond that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mum wants an oodie, so my brother and I are going halves, and I'll get the kids to write in a card. I've got a canvas here I really wanted to do something on with them but I can't decide.

I've been thinking of their hand prints shaped as a heart, ds1 in red, ds2 in pink on top, and ds3 in red on top of that....Then finding a nice verse about grandmas/nan's.... and it's got a spot to put a photo. BUT these things usually rarely work out for me despite great intentions.

As for me... I don't know. I'm happy with just having hands on help. I got cash and vouchers a few days ago for my birthday and I really jabs no idea what to spend them on, at all... not even an inkling...

Mil is getting what she's got every year for the past 10..... ignored 🤣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kind of like this, but all red... then when it dries get ds2 to do the same in pink over it, then ds3....images (5).jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will likely be the last Mother’s Day I spend with my mum in a few years so want to make her feel really special. I don’t particularly want anything for myself - DH usually goes overboard (I’m very grateful he acknowledges it but wish he would spend less on gifts) but he’s away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my mum a Wet Brush (they're the best!) and a coffee mug for work.

No idea what dh is planning to get MIL.

We just bought a Ninja Foodi and a Spinwave, and dh joked that they were for Mother's Day, but I think I'm going to tell him to seriously make them my presents. Dd1 and 2 have bought presents at the school Mother's Day stall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m not 100% sure. DH will be away for work this weekend and will fly home sometime after lunch. I’ll have the kids swimming lessons at 9am which I’ll get to attempt solo. Now that the Fremantle/Brisbane game has been moved to Brisbane, we’ll likely go to the footy in the afternoon. I feel it’ll be just like any other Sunday. 🤷‍♀️ I did just buy myself a new iPad though (with money I’d saved myself from my ‘allowance’ as opposed to family money) and I think DH and I discussed him getting me a case or whatever to go with it. Will see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
    Kind of like this, but all red... then when it dries get ds2 to do the same in pink over it, then ds3....Attachment 105929
    That looks so cute, we got given a hand print canvas when DS2 was born and put both kids' hand print on it. They love looking at how small their hands were.

I got my kids to do some paint pouring artworks for mum and MIL last year. One was string pull flowers, which was pretty easy for the kids (you would have to lay the string for DS3, but he could pull it off/choose his paint colour). Had more time on our hands last year though! Lol