+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Paediatric dental surgeon gap?

Wondering what gap you paid when your child had dental surgery? I know it depends on the surgery and dentist’s gap but I feel like the paediatric dental surgeon I took my daughter to charges a lot. My daughter needs a frenectomy, which is a quick snip of a piece of gum between her 2 front teeth. It will be under general anaesthetic because she’s only 3 years old. His gap will be $579 after Bupa. I can’t really go price hunting either because I will have to pay for initial consult each time. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my girls needed this and we opted for laser? They were both about one and no anesthetic was needed. Is that something you would consider?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's a lot with PHI, I would've assumed a similar price without insurance

Thanks
    Reviews
    He mentioned he’d prefer to do it surgically because the frenum is low and she’s young but if your girls had laser when they were 1 surely a 3 year old would be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD1's was particularly bad, it went right around and attached at the back of her front teeth

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s good your girls didn’t need to be put through surgery too. I might need to ring around and see who is willing to laser it then. Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Looking at your profile, you’re in SA (can’t help sorry), but in brisbane, the go to is enhance dentistry. I wonder if you’d be able to contact them and ask if they have any colleagues in SA who they can suggest so you at least have a starting point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymummy5 View Post
    It’s good your girls didn’t need to be put through surgery too. I might need to ring around and see who is willing to laser it then. Thanks for the info.
    Will depend on your child's temperament too. At 3yo, DD needed a couple of fillings. Initially the dentist said she'd have to see a paed dentist and go under, but after she saw how well DD was behaving while she did her check-up, she changed her mind. There and then she did a small filling that didn't need any local, then when DD was perfect for that, came back another day for a bigger one with local needle etc.

DS on the other hand, no way that would have been the case! Thankfully his teeth haven't needed anything more than a clean!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it’s proper surgery then it except it to cost a lot. Anything dentistry is expensive. Add in surgery and it’s insane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks I’ll give them a call.