+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Talking Central IVF Donor Program & Partners

After hijacking the Greece thread, I'm starting a new thread in case others are interested since we can't fly overseas.

So far what I've worked out is Central IVF possibly has a slightly better reputation that the World Egg Bank (but that's just from I've read online). No personal experience... They basically find the donor for you and they work with a few clinics in Australia.
    Also, the World Egg Bank prices was confusing from the clinic I talked too... lots of randome items that I was guessing if I needed or not. Central IVF had clearer prices (in US dollars).

Can we include web links? https://centralivf.com/ They have a list on there Australian Partner Clinics section.

I did talk to the one in Sydney (Fertility First, in Hurstville) ages ago. Yesterday I rang the Canberra clinic (Compass Fertility) and today I realised they also do run it out of Melbourne (No1 Fertility) so I rang that clinic. There is also Coastal IVF in Maroochydore and Repromed in Dulwich South Australia.

Since I'm in Melbourne, I think my best bet is the Melbourne Clinic, but prices do vary. When I talked to Compass, they did say I could do most things over internet/phone and then travel up for the transfer. I think they were the cheaper of the two if I got the pricing right for there appointments and transfers etc...

I also emailed Central IVF to ask about if they were importing eggs at the moment and timing. They said:

"While usually we used to operate with no waiting list/time, currently due to previous COVID-19 related issues, we have a temporary backlog that we are working hard to minimise . So we advise recipients that will join the program now, that they will receive matching donors towards the end of May/ early June, we hope it will all be faster, and to resume to our usual no waiting list operation.
    After the eggs are collected and frozen, we will start to prepare for shipping of the eggs to Australia.
    The shipping is approximately 6-8 weeks after the donor’s egg collection."

The Melbourne clinic seemed to say it would take about 6 months or so to go through the process. Plus, what was interesting is that in Victoria you would need approval from VARTA for each person. If anyone has gone through the process already in Vic and been through VARTA, is it long and technical? The paperwork I received said they would do this on my behalf. But I have read mixed things about VARTA, so not sure how painful that might be.

I think that's it so far...

I haven't made an appointment yet, I need to sort out a couple of personal things first. Might be my way forward, since I turn 46 this year... Just realised I didn't ask if they had an age limit... Damn!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1greenfrog For This Useful Post:

BecGow (27-04-2021),RCA39 (21-04-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1greenfrog For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (22-04-2021),TatikaOz (28-04-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,

Just want to add if anyone in Vic is needing donor sperm No 1 Fertility don’t have any as I rang last week.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thecrazycatlady For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (21-04-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I've already talked to a few of you about my journey so far with Central IVF but if anyone else has questions I'm happy to help if I can. I have chosen a donor who had eggs frozen already, shipping is roughly planned for end May.

I'm in WA but chose to use Coastal IVF because

a. Queensland seemed more likely at that time to have an open border with WA then NSW
    b. Melbourne clinic was just kicking off so not as experienced with the process
    c. I've heard not great reviews on FF on Facebook
    d. Sunshine coast seemed like a lovely place to visit for a holiday!
    e. Canberra has great reviews too but too cold for us.

I'm travelling to Maroochydore in May to visit the clinic as the FS really wanted me to visit in person to sign consent forms with the clinic and plan the cycle. It's inconvenient as I have to leave my son behind for 5 days and spend about $2000 for flights and accommodation but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end

Good luck everyone xx

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (23-04-2021),RCA39 (23-04-2021),TatikaOz (23-04-2021),Thecrazycatlady (23-04-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsychild View Post
    Hi all, I've already talked to a few of you about my journey so far with Central IVF but if anyone else has questions I'm happy to help if I can. I have chosen a donor who had eggs frozen already, shipping is roughly planned for end May.

I'm in WA but chose to use Coastal IVF because

a. Queensland seemed more likely at that time to have an open border with WA then NSW
    b. Melbourne clinic was just kicking off so not as experienced with the process
    c. I've heard not great reviews on FF on Facebook
    d. Sunshine coast seemed like a lovely place to visit for a holiday!
    e. Canberra has great reviews too but too cold for us.

I'm travelling to Maroochydore in May to visit the clinic as the FS really wanted me to visit in person to sign consent forms with the clinic and plan the cycle. It's inconvenient as I have to leave my son behind for 5 days and spend about $2000 for flights and accommodation but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end

Good luck everyone xx
    Why not Repromed in SA? I'm also in WA and currently looking at Central IVF. Another question, do you get to see pictures of the potential donors? Eggs come from Ukraine and we are thinking on going there in Sept but if we could get it done here that sounds heaps better (Obviously due to Covid travelling could be too risky). Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TatikaOz View Post
    Why not Repromed in SA? I'm also in WA and currently looking at Central IVF. Another question, do you get to see pictures of the potential donors? Eggs come from Ukraine and we are thinking on going there in Sept but if we could get it done here that sounds heaps better (Obviously due to Covid travelling could be too risky). Thanks!!
    WA had a hard border with SA at that time so we crossed it off the list. I've never been to SA either so that also would have been a nice holiday I just happened to also see lots of good reviews on Coastal IVF on Facebook at the time.

Yes they sent multiple pictures of the donor with the profiles I received, both as an adult and as a child. Now we have chosen our donor my hubby and I have decided we will put the profile away and never show anyone the pictures so they only think of us when they look at our child. This is also something the counselor suggested, that I also don't look at it again and only take it out (from my email) to show my child if they ask to see.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (25-04-2021),TatikaOz (28-04-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know anyone who has done this in Melbourne? Im a bit worried about the approval from VARTA. The Canberra clinic didn't mention any other approvals. I'm worried that VARTA might say no in the middle of the process (just from other things I have read about VARTA, nothing speciifc).

I might try and ring VARTA on Moday and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenfrog View Post
    Does anyone know anyone who has done this in Melbourne? Im a bit worried about the approval from VARTA. The Canberra clinic didn't mention any other approvals. I'm worried that VARTA might say no in the middle of the process (just from other things I have read about VARTA, nothing speciifc).

I might try and ring VARTA on Moday and see.
    No but I phoned every clinic when I was looking in to it, to get a feel of the clinic, fees etc (because I’m in WA so have to travel). The Melbourne clinic said they have to get varta approval every time which was slowing down the process and they had only just started using Central and hadn’t yet got any donor eggs in! I’d go Canberra if you’ve got the option.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (25-04-2021),gypsychild (25-04-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!!
    They didn't mention that part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know if clinics who use Central IN Sydney? I’m looking into using TWEB eggs.