+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    No but I phoned every clinic when I was looking in to it, to get a feel of the clinic, fees etc (because I’m in WA so have to travel). The Melbourne clinic said they have to get varta approval every time which was slowing down the process and they had only just started using Central and hadn’t yet got any donor eggs in! I’d go Canberra if you’ve got the option.
    Why Canberra if you don't mind me asking?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TatikaOz For This Useful Post:

Hopeful137 (28-04-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TatikaOz View Post
    Why Canberra if you don't mind me asking?
    Only because she was going between Canberra and Melbourne and I wouldn’t go Melbourne because of VARTA. I think the rest are all pretty equal

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (29-04-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The added step of getting VARTA consent was the biug reason I would go to Canberra over Melbourne. Plus, I like driving to Canberra, so could avoid a plane trip If I need to avoid planes later in the year...

I emailed the Canberra clinic and asked if other Victorians had been there, and they said there have been a few. I have also asked a friend in Canberra to ask around if anyone has used them for any IVF procedure. It feels strange that there isn't much online about the Aust donor options. I guess the cost is a huge thing when you can fly overseas for that cash and have a bit of a break too (normally).

I did try and join a facebook group that I'm told has posts about donor experiences in Australia, but I haven't been approved. Or I have been rejected. I dont know how to tell?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenfrog View Post
    The added step of getting VARTA consent was the biug reason I would go to Canberra over Melbourne. Plus, I like driving to Canberra, so could avoid a plane trip If I need to avoid planes later in the year...

I emailed the Canberra clinic and asked if other Victorians had been there, and they said there have been a few. I have also asked a friend in Canberra to ask around if anyone has used them for any IVF procedure. It feels strange that there isn't much online about the Aust donor options. I guess the cost is a huge thing when you can fly overseas for that cash and have a bit of a break too (normally).

I did try and join a facebook group that I'm told has posts about donor experiences in Australia, but I haven't been approved. Or I have been rejected. I dont know how to tell?
    Egg Donor Angels International?

Wealth of knowledge! Lots of people have used TWEB and Centrsl on there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (29-04-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Egg Donor Angels International?

Wealth of knowledge! Lots of people have used TWEB and Centrsl on there
    Yep, and I just saw there is an Egg Donor Angels Australia which I have asked to join...

I checked and it says pending...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It takes a day or so to be added to the group. I am also on both plus ivf over 40s and a Melbourne one..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Thecrazycatlady For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (03-05-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In case anyone's interested, I did get accepted into two DE groups on facebook.

I started reading some of the posts a few days ago and had a freak out. I know everyone has there own good and bad experiences, and I know my experience at Genesis in Greece was really ****. But wow... After reading some of those posts, I had a freak out and now I feel like I'm going to totally miss out.

So many people have imported eggs and had crap results. Yes I know there's no guarantee... I just... I don't know.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say.

WEB sounds crap, as do some of the experiences from traveling donors. Even Manor/central IVF has some negative posts. Although, it seems like they didn't get pregnant rather than have a bad experience. So far, from the minimal posts I read before I freaked out. There was one mention of someone getting there provided donor eggs replaced because none got to day 3 (I think it was day 3, I read it a few days ago and had to stop and clear my head before I could post).

I will try reading more facebook posts, but I need to get in the right frame of mind before I do.

Hope the rest of you are doing ok.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 1greenfrog For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (07-05-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In case anyone's interested, I did get accepted into two DE groups on facebook.

I started reading some of the posts a few days ago and had a freak out. I know everyone has there own good and bad experiences, and I know my experience at Genesis in Greece was really ****. But wow... After reading some of those posts, I had a freak out and now I feel like I'm going to totally miss out.

So many people have imported eggs and had crap results. Yes I know there's no guarantee... I just... I don't know.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say.

WEB sounds crap, as do some of the experiences from traveling donors. Even Manor/central IVF has some negative posts. Although, it seems like they didn't get pregnant rather than have a bad experience. So far, from the minimal posts I read before I freaked out. There was one mention of someone getting there provided donor eggs replaced because none got to day 3 (I think it was day 3, I read it a few days ago and had to stop and clear my head before I could post).

I will try reading more facebook posts, but I need to get in the right frame of mind before I do.

Hope the rest of you are doing ok.
    Wow! please keep us up to date. I've been talking with mostly all of the clinics that have a connection with Central IVf and with Central IVF itself. You can do your cycle locally once the eggs have arrived at any clinic but that bit of the egg donation has to be arranged by yourself. Central IVF said their guarantee is for 3 to 4 day 3 good quality embryos depending on your selected package. When I asked them if you could PGD those embryos they said you arrange that with your clinic so I proceed to ask what if the embryos are tested and the results come back abnormal even when you have used a normal semen sample? They pointed out that their guarantee is only for cleavage stage embryos that look good and they do not offer any guarantee if they are abnormal after day 5. This is what put me off. Although I am a poor responder, I'm very good at making beautiful day 3s but for them reaching the blastocist stage or to stick, that's a different story. In 9 IVF cycles I've only had 1 perfect blastocist that didn't take and 7 great quality day 3 embies that never made it to blast. So this is not really making any difference to me. A day 3 guarantee is not a guarantee at all in my case. So...I'm back to where I was, planning to apply for an exemption to travel OS...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TatikaOz For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (07-05-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has the clinic your planning to go to overseas give you any guarantees?
    I dont know many that do, and im not usre about testing. Like so many IVF add ons, so many conflicting stories, it's hard to decide sometimes. I just went with it when I was doing IVF here... but after a while and now, I think why... also because I get so much random ovary pain which I never got before... anyway...
    Just remember if your in Melbourne you need to get VARTA approval, which im told takes a while...

I'm similar, I had 10 transfers of my own eggs, all got to day 5. All looked ok im told... Only got pregnant once, and miscarried at 6 weeks. The only explanation was your eggs are too old. One DE transfer which didn't stick. But such a crap experience, I can't tell if it was my body that was the issue, the stress or the crap clinic.

Anyway,
    I haven't made a decision yet on what to do.
    Just cruising.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Has the clinic your planning to go to overseas give you any guarantees?
    I dont know many that do, and im not usre about testing. Like so many IVF add ons, so many conflicting stories, it's hard to decide sometimes.
    Sorry to crash the thread - just wanted to say that if you go o/s make sure the clinic you use does offer a guarantee. The usual is two high-quality day 5 embryos. But in many places you have no way of knowing whether what you're told is actually true, so going to an established, reputable clinic which provides detailed lab reports may spare you unnecessary time and heartache.

For what it's worth, I know choices are severely limited right now and donor egg IVF is harder than ever as a result, but a day 3 guarantee is not much of a guarantee at all. Particularly if they're using frozen eggs. The attrition rate between days 3 and 5 can be huge, if you end up with two "good" (what is considered good, also check that) that doesn't equate to a great chance. Imo if a clinic isn't prepared to guarantee day 5 embryos with donor eggs.... then that tells you something about their confidence in their own process.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (10-05-2021),maxmax (28-05-2021),TatikaOz (08-05-2021),Thecrazycatlady (07-05-2021)