+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,950
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked
    1,865
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Booster seat

    I didn’t know where to put this so sorry if it’s the wrong section.

    I wanted to ask about booster seats.. DS is 7. Roughly 30kg and maybe 125cm tall? That’s rough guesses sorry.

    We have been contemplating moving his to a booster seat and using the seatbelt for him. Is he an ok age, weight and height to do so? I worry it may not safe enough but he’s also starting to look a little uncomfortable in the seats we have.

    Any advice? Recommendations on seats that are good? We only have DS so space in the car isn’t a concern.

    DF and I are 100% sure what to do.

    Thanks

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard (21-04-2021)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,874
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked
    681
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure if you're in Victoria, but these are the guidelines for VicRoads.

    https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safe...-7-to-16-years

    Hope this helps.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,950
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked
    1,865
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma1217 View Post
    Not sure if you're in Victoria, but these are the guidelines for VicRoads.

    https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safe...-7-to-16-years

    Hope this helps.
    Thanks, I’m in NSW. I’ll look for similar

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,597
    Thanks
    870
    Thanked
    1,485
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’m in VIC but my two at that age were in Hi Liner seats - very practical and outlasted their requirements. Both of them probably around 11 when they moved to no car seats.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,950
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked
    1,865
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I’m in VIC but my two at that age were in Hi Liner seats - very practical and outlasted their requirements. Both of them probably around 11 when they moved to no car seats.
    Thanks! They look brilliant. I just need to find one somewhere haha

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,606
    Thanks
    1,757
    Thanked
    5,615
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are in Vic, we have my now 6yo (big boy) in an encore 10, now known as a kid guard pro.

    I didn't like moving him so soon but he was uncomfortable in a convertible booster seat

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,950
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked
    1,865
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
    We are in Vic, we have my now 6yo (big boy) in an encore 10, now known as a kid guard pro.

    I didn't like moving him so soon but he was uncomfortable in a convertible booster seat
    Thanks!

    Do you think DS is big enough? DS is all leg and you can see his seat (especially in DFs car, which we use a lot) is a bit short on the bottom so he looks uncomfortable.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,606
    Thanks
    1,757
    Thanked
    5,615
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Thanks!

    Do you think DS is big enough? DS is all leg and you can see his seat (especially in DFs car, which we use a lot) is a bit short on the bottom so he looks uncomfortable.
    Honestly, each child is so different, I'd call around and ask if places will let you sit him in the seat so you can see how he looks best.

    The kid guard pro base extends out forward and the wings sideways.

    When we got it, my eldest was 6, and the sides of the seats were cutting into his thighs and he had to roll his shoulders forward to sit back properly. Prior to that he was in a maxi ride easy adjust (now I believe they're a maxi guard/pro)...so we got it specifically for the flat seated area. I tried him in about 8 different seats before deciding on this one.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,517
    Thanks
    5,569
    Thanked
    5,493
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    IMG_7223.jpg
    We have this one. DD2 is 7, probably a similar build to your son. I have the maxi guard pro in my car, which is fully harnessed. In theory that makes it safer, but DD keeps loosening the straps as she doesn’t like it tight . In my parents car they have the Rodi and I’m pretty happy with that, she’s comfortable in it and it should last a while. I intend to keep her in it for a few more years.

    I had the Encore for DD1 and both kid’s hated it. The base is very narrow and they couldn’t get comfortable. That’s why as previous posters said take them in and get them to sit in it. Look at the exit heights, no point buying one that won’t last long. The Rodi, kid guard/encore, and 1 other one have the highest markers. Can’t remember the third one, it’s by infasecure.

    I moved DD1 out of a car seat at 6, which I didn’t like but there were none left on the market that fit her. She’s a giant. At 9 she’s the same size as my boss . DD2 is normal sized and has years left before I let her out.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    6,450
    Thanks
    8,927
    Thanked
    5,574
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    I didn’t know where to put this so sorry if it’s the wrong section.

    I wanted to ask about booster seats.. DS is 7. Roughly 30kg and maybe 125cm tall? That’s rough guesses sorry.

    We have been contemplating moving his to a booster seat and using the seatbelt for him. Is he an ok age, weight and height to do so? I worry it may not safe enough but he’s also starting to look a little uncomfortable in the seats we have.

    Any advice? Recommendations on seats that are good? We only have DS so space in the car isn’t a concern.

    DF and I are 100% sure what to do.

    Thanks
    My 5 (!) yo DD is about that size. She towers above the kids in her prep class. She’s in a harnessed seat (maxi guard) as it’s still fitting her well.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Booster seats
    By JeSsIkA in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 13:18
  2. Outdoor Baby Booster Seat- Baby Bunting
    By M O P in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-02-2006, 10:35
  3. Booster Seat?? When to???
    By H&B'sMum in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 03:46
  4. Booster seats, Car seats?
    By pinkandblue in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 02:37
  5. Booster seat or cushion for table
    By nearly3 in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-06-2005, 10:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby MonitorsLooking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...

ADVERTISEMENT