+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0

    Default Thin endometrial lining treatment - viagra gel & PRP??

    Hi there,

    I was wondering if there was anyone who had experienced problems with a thin endometrial lining & if anyone has had success thickening their lining with platelet rich plasma infusions or viagra gel?

    Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,189
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    609
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never used PRP but did use viagra pessaries, aspirin, Trental, VitE and neupogen uterine infusions to try and thicken my lining which pretty resistant before my first child’s pregnancy. It is still on the thinner side now but thicker than when we first went through IVF. I tried estraderm patches for the cycle we conceived our second child and I don’t know whether it was that or just luck but it was a bit thicker again. Good luck, it’s such a tricky issue to resolve!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you so much for your reply and for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it 🙏🏻

    Could I ask if you used the viagra in the tablet form as is or if you got it compounded by a pharmacist or used in a gel form?

    I have tried clexane, aspirin, and FSH injections for my lining and cannot seem to get past 6.5. I had a clinical pregnancy on 5.5mm lining but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks and following this a chemical pregnancy. My doctor thinks my lining is the cause of the losses either the blood flow or the thickness.

    Seems to be such a tricky issue to treat!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,189
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    609
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McSFeno View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply and for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it

    Could I ask if you used the viagra in the tablet form as is or if you got it compounded by a pharmacist or used in a gel form?

    I have tried clexane, aspirin, and FSH injections for my lining and cannot seem to get past 6.5. I had a clinical pregnancy on 5.5mm lining but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks and following this a chemical pregnancy. My doctor thinks my lining is the cause of the losses either the blood flow or the thickness.

    Seems to be such a tricky issue to treat!
    Oh I’m so sorry to hear ❤️ my son’s pregnancy was on a 6mm lining, so it’s not impossible but obviously not as likely.

    I used compounded combination viagra and estrogen pessaries twice a day, starting day 2 of FETs. We were looking into PRP when we fell pregnant.

    Apparently the neupogen infusions did show some good results in trials, although I didn’t see a significant difference myself.

    VitE 1000 twice a day is supposed to be good too, but takes a while to work so I’d start that just in the background if I were you.

    I ended up getting lymphocytic colitis from either aspirin or trental (as diagnosed by my gastroenterologist) so can’t take them anymore but they are supposed to be quite good. If you’ve tried aspirin maybe give trental a go?

    I feel like the estraderm patch also made a difference to my lining on my daughters cycle.

    I *think* my lining was/is resistant because of my hormonal issues so I think getting the right type of estrogen is important for me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you ❤️ It gives me hope to hear of your son’s pregnancy with a thin lining.

    Did you take the viagra tablets to a compound pharmacist and ask them to make them up for you into pessaries?

    I haven’t tried vitamin E yet so I will get onto taking that asap as well too.

    That sucks that you ended up with lymphocytic colitis 😔 Unfortunately I don’t seem to tolerate trental it gave me terrible migraines.

    I will definitely speak to my FS about trying the estrogen pessaries , patches & the neupogen infusions too.

    Really appreciate your help & advice

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Oh I’m so sorry to hear ❤️ my son’s pregnancy was on a 6mm lining, so it’s not impossible but obviously not as likely.

    I used compounded combination viagra and estrogen pessaries twice a day, starting day 2 of FETs. We were looking into PRP when we fell pregnant.

    Apparently the neupogen infusions did show some good results in trials, although I didn’t see a significant difference myself.

    VitE 1000 twice a day is supposed to be good too, but takes a while to work so I’d start that just in the background if I were you.

    I ended up getting lymphocytic colitis from either aspirin or trental (as diagnosed by my gastroenterologist) so can’t take them anymore but they are supposed to be quite good. If you’ve tried aspirin maybe give trental a go?

    I feel like the estraderm patch also made a difference to my lining on my daughters cycle.

    I *think* my lining was/is resistant because of my hormonal issues so I think getting the right type of estrogen is important for me.


    Thank you ❤️ It gives me hope to hear of your son’s pregnancy with a thin lining.

    Did you take the viagra tablets to a compound pharmacist and ask them to make them up for you into pessaries?

    I haven’t tried vitamin E yet so I will get onto taking that asap as well too.

    That sucks that you ended up with lymphocytic colitis 😔 Unfortunately I don’t seem to tolerate trental it gave me terrible migraines.

    I will definitely speak to my FS about trying the estrogen pessaries , patches & the neupogen infusions too.

    Really appreciate your help & advice

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,189
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    609
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No worries, glad to share whatever information I can if it helps someone!

    No the compounding pharmacy just made them from my FS script. They were ‘20 E2 25 Viagra’. I’m not sure what measurement is used.

    Because of my hormonal issues I always have to do HRT FETs so I also take 6x progynova a day. Occasionally I’d pop a few in vaginally because 🤷🏼‍♀️ didn’t seem like it would hurt

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked
    42
    Reviews
    0
    Jumping in to add hope - I'm 10w6d from a FET with a 6.5mm lining. It's my 13th ET (only one other implantation, #5, which ended in a MMC just before 7w).

    Although I usually have a good trilaminar appearance, my lining has been stubbornly thinner-than-textbook this whole time - I got to 7+mm a couple of times on Tamoxifen, but no pregnancies on those cycles, so my FS stopped it as not contributing to quality outcomes. Possibly aside from the Tamoxifen cycles (can't remember!), I've always needed Gonal-F injections to stimulate a few follicles and therefore my lining. A few times we've cancelled cycles as the lining has been <6mm (when I can do better) or my ovaries/lining have taken too long to respond to the Gonal-F (would have been transferring ~D28 or later - not my FS' preference).

    I was also always on 50u of compound Ethinyl Estradiol, and sometimes we added an estrogen patch if my FS thought it was needed.

    Never tried viagra or the other drugs, but would have seriously considered. A few transfers ago we started down the immune route - this cycle I've been on 40u Clexane + 20u Prednisone + intralipids.

    How many follicles have you had for your transfer cycles? For the MMC pregnancy I had 5 (was supposed to be an EPU but ovaries responded poorly for me, so we switched to FET). This pregnancy I had 8, which was randomly high for me for a FET after a randomly crap (cancelled) cycle the month before. Would your FS consider seeing if generating a few extra follicles helped the lining?

    Last - my baby niece, who is 11 months old, was an FET to a 6.5mm lining

    The very best of luck and baby dust to you!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked
    42
    Reviews
    0
    Also - has your Dr done a high-res scan, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy to check for physical issues (septum, scar tissue, fibroids, endometriosis, etc.)?

    After my miscarriage my Dr resected my very mild uterine septum, as it looked a bit more pronounced post miscarriage, and I'd retained some tissue quite close to it 8w pmc.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    No worries, glad to share whatever information I can if it helps someone!

    No the compounding pharmacy just made them from my FS script. They were ‘20 E2 25 Viagra’. I’m not sure what measurement is used.

    Because of my hormonal issues I always have to do HRT FETs so I also take 6x progynova a day. Occasionally I’d pop a few in vaginally because 🤷🏼‍♀️ didn’t seem like it would hurt
    Thanks so much!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 12:21
  2. Conceiving with thin endometrial/uterine lining?
    By Windupbird in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-02-2011, 07:04
  3. thin pink line after 10 mins
    By Belindajane21 in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 13:12
  4. Thin Uterus Lining HELP
    By Noodle27 in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 19:33
  5. The thin blue line.........
    By Tea Lady in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 08:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Innovations Physio & PilatesWomen’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...

ADVERTISEMENT