+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Chocolate after FET

Hi everyone,
    I feel a bit stupid writing this post but it's bothering me what I've read regarding chocolate. I've had a crazy ride during these past 3 years. 6th transfer on Saturday 🙏 but I stupidly had a hot chocolate on the day of transfer and had some milk chocolate today. I've read it can hinder implantation? I'm currently 2dpt5dt. You would think I would know better. Anyone had a successful FET with chocolate during tww.

I've done everything to the book this time too grrr.
    Hope you can help. Thank you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrshope View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I feel a bit stupid writing this post but it's bothering me what I've read regarding chocolate. I've had a crazy ride during these past 3 years. 6th transfer on Saturday but I stupidly had a hot chocolate on the day of transfer and had some milk chocolate today. I've read it can hinder implantation? I'm currently 2dpt5dt. You would think I would know better. Anyone had a successful FET with chocolate during tww.

I've done everything to the book this time too grrr.
    Hope you can help. Thank you x
    I wouldn’t read too much into it. I have never heard anything about no chocolate. I have 2 kids via IVF and I can guarantee there would have been chocolate consumption. Don’t be too hard on yourself. The mind can play tricks on you for sure. When I got pregnant with DD I was convinced it would work because I didn’t sneeze on transfer day like I had the 3 previous transfers... funnily enough it did, but not because I’d sneezed out the embryos previously 🤦‍♀️

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

JustJaq (30-03-2021),Mrshope (29-03-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    I wouldn’t read too much into it. I have never heard anything about no chocolate. I have 2 kids via IVF and I can guarantee there would have been chocolate consumption. Don’t be too hard on yourself. The mind can play tricks on you for sure. When I got pregnant with DD I was convinced it would work because I didn’t sneeze on transfer day like I had the 3 previous transfers... funnily enough it did, but not because I’d sneezed out the embryos previously 🤦‍♀️
    Oh, thank you so much for replying. Yes, the mind can play tricks. That's funny about the sneezing. The things we think about hey 😂 so happy it worked for you. I honestly can't wait to finish IVF.

I was trying to think on my last transfers if I’d had chocolate etc. Then worrying because it failed in September when I had hot chocolate on transfer day. Stupid really. And had so many miscarriages prior to this. I was doing so well keeping calm and happy. It takes just one thing to set you off in the tww.
    Thank you again x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I ate sooooo much choc with my second transfer as it was Easter. She stuck. Feisty AF though so maybe you want to avoid it

Thanks
    Reviews
    It won’t matter, honestly just get on with life and it will either work or not. It’s hard not to focus on every single thing but it really doesn’t matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can guarantee there was chocolate eating post my transfers. I have 2 children now!

Seriously, don't worry about it. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Wise Enough View Post
    I ate sooooo much choc with my second transfer as it was Easter. She stuck. Feisty AF though so maybe you want to avoid it
    Ha ha that's hilarious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    It won’t matter, honestly just get on with life and it will either work or not. It’s hard not to focus on every single thing but it really doesn’t matter.
    Thank you so much. You are spot on! Just always worry with ivf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    I can guarantee there was chocolate eating post my transfers. I have 2 children now!

Seriously, don't worry about it. Good luck.
    I've managed to get pregnant before on IVF sadly it didn't stick and had a few late miscarriages. Always worry I did something wrong. I'm pretty sure I ate chocolate too. Felt dreadful today I'm 4dp5dt. Praying for a miracle