+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centrelink :/

Ok well husband is having payment cut due to not having lived in australia for 4 years yet. They gave us the payment at the beginning of covid with no information about it being cut off in April etc. now we are told it will be cut and we will be back to $1000 to support 4 people. Its sooo stressful and finding work where we live is impossible ( he isnt the kind that sits back and does nothing he applies to every job he sees and also searches all week not just doing the required limit. We cant move either 20+ people applying and bidding on rentals everywhere and also just started a lease. Sooo lost right now everything crossed he gets a job before the cuts or we will have to go and get trapped in his country for the next few years sooo tough why did they start his payment (waiving all waiting periods) to cut it why not just start with any new immigrants same as its always been ( not saying we weren’t grateful but to be cut mid covid no changes pr improvements on the job front or the border control front we have lost all hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Was he on Job keeper? Have you spoken to a social worker at Centrelink or queries any more help they can provide?

I am sorry you are in this situation. I hope it gets better soon for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Was he on Job keeper? Have you spoken to a social worker at Centrelink or queries any more help they can provide?

I am sorry you are in this situation. I hope it gets better soon for you.
    Thanks so much twinklify!
    Yeah he was on jobseeker. We called but no luck except apply to any payments and from there we will assess you. But i think we need to take your advice and take a trip to the city and see if there is any other options.
    Fingers crossed