+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good therapists for 6 yo with Autism

Hi, my 6 yo son was diagnosed with Autism last November and I’m wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a Psychologist, Speech Therapist and OT in Adelaide, preferably ones that visit the school. We are in the Western suburbs and there are long waiting periods for Speech and OT. I have a Psychologist but concerned about confidentiality now. This morning my ex mil (who caused lots of issues) told me my son’s Psychologist is a really good friend of hers. I got home and it struck me that I’ve never told ex or ex mil the Psychologist’s name because she only saw my son and I once at school at the end of last year and she’s waiting for the school to notify how often she can visit. So, anyway, I probably should also find a different Psychologist now too! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh wow. Hugs. I would be changing psychologists!! That's such a breech of confidentiality. I'd consider making a formal complaint against them too!

I can't help at all with suggestions, as I'm not in Adelaide, but I have got an almost 6yo with asd, only diagnosed before Xmas. So far we are seeing a psychologist who is great, and helpful. We are on the waitlist for speech, OT, and key worker.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

rosieposiepie (19-03-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I have no recommendations, but was trouble by reading about the breach in confidentiality you suffered.
    Please make a formal complaint about her, that is unacceptable.

Here are some links that might help:

https://www.psychology.org.au/Find-a-Psychologist

https://www.autismsa.org.au/family-support-groups

https://www.ahpra.gov.au/Notificatio...ctitioner.aspx

Best wishes finding both you and your son support.