+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the response.

I started trying to stash some before her first session on Friday and DP had to give her some today so all I have is 190ml across 2 bags

Slightly stressed but hoping I can get a bit more before she attends.

I’m hoping she will eat while she is there so I don’t need to worry too much about her milk intake for this day.
    How would you feel about expressing at work, is there somewhere appropriate for you to do it?

If you can and are happy to do that, you can send what you've got with her, then express at work on that day, freeze it for her next childcare day. Does that make sense? That way you don't have to find a time to express at home (hard with a baby), and you always have enough for the next childcare session.

My DD2 would never accept anything but boob, so I'd express and send milk, which they'd then throw out lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don’t want to start a new thread, I’ve started at work this week now and I’m exhausted trying to keep up with expressing adjusting to a new job and workplace and balance daycare and myself amongst all of it, and it’s stressing me out and I’m not sure how I’m going to keep up, this week has been fine but I had surplus breastmilk.

Essentially I’m going to run out.

Does anyone have any tips? Is there anyone to keep breastfeeding and give formula when she’s away from me or will my supply just tank and dry up naturally?

Also any tips on weaning a exclusively breastfed baby onto formula, she’s never had any and I’m lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don’t want to start a new thread, I’ve started at work this week now and I’m exhausted trying to keep up with expressing adjusting to a new job and workplace and balance daycare and myself amongst all of it, and it’s stressing me out and I’m not sure how I’m going to keep up, this week has been fine but I had surplus breastmilk.

Does anyone have any tips? Is there anyone to keep breastfeeding and give formula when she’s away from me or will my supply just tank and dry up naturally?

Also any tips on weaning a exclusively breastfed baby onto formula, she’s never had any and I’m lost.
    How old is little one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beary View Post
    How old is little one?
    She is 10 months next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is 10 months next week
    Ok cool.

I think dont worry too much about your supply tanking as it will be sooooo well established by now.

My DD started daycare four days a week at 11 months. She’d NEVER taken the bottle so was EBF. I just sent her with a tin of formula and hoped for the best.

Before daycare DD was having four feeds a day. When she started daycare on the days she was in care it was only two feeds (morning and before bed) and I kept the four on the other days. Never really had any supply issues.

When she started she wouldn’t take the formula but just had more solids so it was fine. Now she takes about 100mL of formula but most of her nutrition is from solids which I think is fine for her age.

Dunno if any of that helps but if she’s a good eater of solids I wouldn’t worry too much. Unless you were wanting to breastfeed for a long time (I always planned to wean around 15-16 months).

Also I recommend calling the Australian Breastfeeding Association. They really put my mind at ease when I was worried at about supply issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My DS was about 8 months old when I went back to work 3 days per week. He had formula while I was at work and I breastfed him the rest of the time. I went on to breastfeed him til he was 15 months old and I never had supply issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I express when away from my son. He’s going 3 days a week and no issues. I did it with my first as well, also no issues. With my first I stopped pumping at 1. I might do the same (my baby is almost 11 months).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies I’ll definitely give the ABA a call and get their advice too.

She only goes to daycare two days which would be formula and then 1 day at home with DP which I can usually have enough milk for but not enough for 3 I can’t express enough during the day and get home and end up pumping 150 from both sides, but worry the long stretches in the day will make it dry up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies I’ll definitely give the ABA a call and get their advice too.

She only goes to daycare two days which would be formula and then 1 day at home with DP which I can usually have enough milk for but not enough for 3 I can’t express enough during the day and get home and end up pumping 150 from both sides, but worry the long stretches in the day will make it dry up.
    I think you’ll be fine, but definitely listen to what the ABA has to say.

My boobs never responded to the pump so unfortunately that wasn’t an option for me. But my DD is now 14 months and I’m still feeding her twice a day no dramas

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breastfeeding & Daycare

Loh mine is the same age and I just give him whatever I can pump. I send 160mls every day, I can’t send more than that. He’s been fine though, some days he only has 60ml. Some days he has all of it. Day care have never asked me for more. 10 months they should be okay with solids and water away from you and catch up on extra feeds at home.