+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Purple under eyes

Hi all,
    My 4 year old has been a bit unwell with a cold and cough, on and off for over 6 weeks or so now. Since getting sick I have really noticed a deep purple colour appear under his eyes which makes him look quite withdrawn and tired. He still eats like a champ and has energy which is good, We had a blood test done to check everything was ok and he seems to be quite healthy on paper which was a big relief but he still looks a little unwell.
    Is this normal after being sick for a while? Can anyone relate? Sometimes I worry that something big is causing this to happen and I’m not seeing it but a blood test surely would’ve shown that up!
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So his iron levels were ok? My 4 year old has always had dark bags under his eyes and has been worse lately. His recent blood test showed his iron stores are really low but he’s always had low iron and been very irritable. Often dark bags or dark circles around kids eyes are from nasal congestion because it dilates blood vessels or large adenoids can cause it. Has he still got a blocked nose? Hope it clears up for him soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, my 2.5 year old has had a chesty cough/runny nose for over 5 weeks and she got darker under the eyes too. It could be a bit of dehydration, under-eating and generally a result of fighting a virus while they're doing anything but resting. My girl is also really fair so she normally looks pale anyway.