+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dexmethasone in first trimester

Hi ladies!

As many of you on here, I’m a patient of the great Dr M and I just found out my last IVF cycle worked (fingers crossed I’ll have a baby in October)! I’m currently 5 weeks preg.

Dr M has me on 2 mg of dexmethasone (1mg in the morning 1 mg in the night) which he says he’ll switch to prednisone a bit later. My question to all you girls Who’ve been on some sorta ‘roid Through your pregnancies - are your babies ok?

PoP xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, congratulation on your bfp, although I haven’t personally been on them, there are plenty of ladies on the donor egg Greek thread that have used dr m and have been on dex then switched over to pred at around 8 wks and by all accounts their babies have been perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pursuitofparenthood View Post
    Hi ladies!

As many of you on here, I’m a patient of the great Dr M and I just found out my last IVF cycle worked (fingers crossed I’ll have a baby in October)! I’m currently 5 weeks preg.

Dr M has me on 2 mg of dexmethasone (1mg in the morning 1 mg in the night) which he says he’ll switch to prednisone a bit later. My question to all you girls Who’ve been on some sorta ‘roid Through your pregnancies - are your babies ok?

PoP xx
    I was on 16mg of dexamethasone at the end of my first pregnancy (unrelated health issue) and my baby was perfectly fine. I also weaned off it while breastfeeding with no issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    Hi, congratulation on your bfp, although I haven’t personally been on them, there are plenty of ladies on the donor egg Greek thread that have used dr m and have been on dex then switched over to pred at around 8 wks and by all accounts their babies have been perfect
    Thanks so much, lovely! Puts my mind at ease. I think it’s just freaking me out a tad that my FS is really anti-steroids but I think in the context of elevated NK cells, I’m hoping the steroid only works to calm them down and not affect my baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
    I was on 16mg of dexamethasone at the end of my first pregnancy (unrelated health issue) and my baby was perfectly fine. I also weaned off it while breastfeeding with no issues.
    Thanks for your response!!

Oh wow ok, 16mg is quite a dose! I’m glad your baby and you are in good health 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also a Dr M patient. I was on it for both pregnancies and all was fine with both kids. I did end up having to stay on prednisone until the end of my pregnancy though as my body had come to rely on it and going off it (even with a very slow wean) made my blood pressure too low. I managed to wean off in the last week so that all was fine for delivery, but they did give me another dose in theatre.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Pursuitofparenthood (23-02-2021)