+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Devastating Round

Been a while since I've posted, playing the waiting game as always with IVF. This month I started my 5th stim. Follicles/E2 numbers had been going along maybe a little slower than usual but seemingly on track.
    Had my pick up yesterday and only got 4 eggs today I've found out that only one has fertilized. Previous rounds were between 6-10, and always had a day 5 blast, normally with some to freeze too.
    I'm beyond devastated that I seem to be watching my chances disappear in front of my eyes. Have always been on high FSH doses due to low AMH and have been on DHEA for several months now in an attempt to improve quality- instead it's gone backwards. To date we've transferred 10 blastocysts that resulted in 2x CP and 1 x MC over 2 and a bit years.
    There's nothing to be done for it, I'm still in shock that it's gone so badly since my last stim round.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Step2Three For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (19-02-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry you're feeling down believe me I get it! I always have a great number/size of folicals on the scan but only get 3-4 eggs on collection (empty follicle syndrome) the first egg collection was devising. The one time I got 10 eggs is also the only time we had nothing to transfer, so as hard as low numbers are maybe the quality of the one will be better for it 🤞
    I hope day 5 brings you joy

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Devastating Round

Quote Originally Posted by Step2Three View Post
    Been a while since I've posted, playing the waiting game as always with IVF. This month I started my 5th stim. Follicles/E2 numbers had been going along maybe a little slower than usual but seemingly on track.
    Had my pick up yesterday and only got 4 eggs today I've found out that only one has fertilized. Previous rounds were between 6-10, and always had a day 5 blast, normally with some to freeze too.
    I'm beyond devastated that I seem to be watching my chances disappear in front of my eyes. Have always been on high FSH doses due to low AMH and have been on DHEA for several months now in an attempt to improve quality- instead it's gone backwards. To date we've transferred 10 blastocysts that resulted in 2x CP and 1 x MC over 2 and a bit years.
    There's nothing to be done for it, I'm still in shock that it's gone so badly since my last stim round.
    I'm so sorry to hear this ❤️ Everything crossed your one keeps growing strong and becomes your take home baby.

If you do need to stim again, this might give you some hope - in August we had 5 eggs collected (my lowest result) and only 2 fertilised, by Day 5 we were told neither were good enough to test/freeze - we were out. Cue teary phone call with my FS (who was so kind). The lab didn't tell us they were growing them one more day (or maybe my FS didn't want to give me false hope?), so it was bizarre to get a call on Day 6 saying we suddenly had two test-worthy embryos (in the end, 1 passed PGS and 1 was aneuploid). I was very concerned that we'd had such a poor result (for us) - this was the bit we were ok at, it's getting them to implant that's tricky for us!

Anyway, I went straight into another stim cycle in September/October, and that time we got 8 mature eggs, all of which fertilised, and 6 blasts (1 tested aneuploid) - our equal best result. The August cycle was some random crappy month that hopefully doesn't reflect on anything other than we had a crappy month.

Everything crossed for you 🤞🤞
    Last edited by a million dreams; 19-02-2021 at 09:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear this. Passing IVF at timesof covid nightmare is even more challenging. Thus, a reputable repro centerwill always find ways out to organize the process properly. Theclinic we'd been with, for instance, sends special invitations totheir patients so that they could cross boarder every time needed.Tge same concerning surrogacy plans. I believe this is huge help, aspeople feel more safe and comfy. Furthermore, all its staff does hugework online, providing people with useful information. They alsooffer free Skype calls, so that one just asks directly. This approachis marvelous. You feel they care and are ready to support you at alltreatment stages.Frankly we werehesitant first about flying to Kyiv. But as time showed we did right.This trip brought us our sweet little one. We met new people. We gotto know loads of tips from dr. Our nurse took our needs at heart. Weall still keep in touch - only positive reviews.
    May you next step be just successful.