+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby physio

Wondering if anyone else has been through similar.

We saw the paediatrician today for DD was just a follow up to check in on how she went weaning off her reflux medication.

On examining DD she picked up on how little tone she had a was quite floppy. She is unable to sit unassisted and is very wobbly and flops around when assisted.

She is 7 months in a week and has referred us to do some baby physio session to help her. Not sure how worried I should be?

I also feel like crap like we somehow have missed something to help her hit this milestone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This happened with my niece.

She had low muscle tone and still couldn’t sit independently at 8 months. The physio just gave them some exercises and she got there in the end!

Good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beary For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (16-03-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS is 9 months next week and really only recently got the hang of sitting. I was looking into baby physio for him before Christmas because he seemed to have really poor core strength, but then we moved, Christmas, life etc. We started to encourage more sitting and utilised the ingenuity seat at times as well. He now sits really well unassisted and can drop himself forward to crawl (although he only crawls one legged at the moment ). He can’t get himself into a sitting position though so still not sure if I should look into physio. DS also HATED tummy time so I do wonder if we a at didn’t do enough then he was a baby baby, so I started do to more tummy time too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We saw a physio from 4-12 months for various issues, she was amazing. Picked up so many things which meant we got onto things quicker.
    Started seeing her in relation to developing a flat head and then saw her for a few months monthly to check progress and it was at these monthly visits other things were picked up and corrected with the right exercises very easily. She’s 18 months now and zero issues.
    My advice is to see someone very experienced not necessarily a Paed physio at your community health centre. Private paed physios normally have longer appointment durations allowing for a full body assessment.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashie For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (16-03-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    DS is 9 months next week and really only recently got the hang of sitting. I was looking into baby physio for him before Christmas because he seemed to have really poor core strength, but then we moved, Christmas, life etc. We started to encourage more sitting and utilised the ingenuity seat at times as well. He now sits really well unassisted and can drop himself forward to crawl (although he only crawls one legged at the moment ). He can’t get himself into a sitting position though so still not sure if I should look into physio. DS also HATED tummy time so I do wonder if we a at didn’t do enough then he was a baby baby, so I started do to more tummy time too.
    I don’t know how I didn’t see this. That gives me hope we have seen Physio twice and doing targeted exercises but still no sitting. She is 8 months on Monday so hopefully she starts getting the hang of it soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie View Post
    We saw a physio from 4-12 months for various issues, she was amazing. Picked up so many things which meant we got onto things quicker.
    Started seeing her in relation to developing a flat head and then saw her for a few months monthly to check progress and it was at these monthly visits other things were picked up and corrected with the right exercises very easily. She’s 18 months now and zero issues.
    My advice is to see someone very experienced not necessarily a Paed physio at your community health centre. Private paed physios normally have longer appointment durations allowing for a full body assessment.
    Thank you!

We are seeing a private one and has been positive so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I used Chiro for my youngest 2. It helped with reflux and they gave suggestions to help with muscle tone too.