+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Other options

Hi everyone . I posted I think under the wrong subheading previously . I am wondering about options for egg donation , as international travel is out of the question for awhile .Has anyone used the world egg bank or other imported egg programs ? And what about programs such as travelling donors ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last time I checked, the program that imported eggs into Sydney has stopped temporally because they can't get donations into the country. My understanding is, they were delivered by a person carrying them the whole way by hand on the plane. I think last time I checked (which was a while ago now), same with travelling donors. It’s hard to get anyone into Australia!

If you watch the youtube video I posted in the importing embryos, they talk about some courier companies doing all the work within a country, then just putting them on a plane and hoping for the best. Ie that the eggs / sperm / embryo stays frozen and standing during the plane ride. I can’t explain it very well. It’s a long video but it actually includes lots of info. Also little bits about different states laws / regulations.

Seriously, I hope someone has an answer, because I’m ready to clutch at any straw at the moment!
    I’m jumping on board with anything.
    Any more cliché’s I can think off… hehe
    I’m there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    Hi everyone . I posted I think under the wrong subheading previously . I am wondering about options for egg donation , as international travel is out of the question for awhile .Has anyone used the world egg bank or other imported egg programs ? And what about programs such as travelling donors ?
    My friend is currently using Fertility SA. She has to wait 6months between the counselling sessions and after the second one she chooses a donor which I believe is from the world egg bank.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mia75 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (17-02-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I looked into Travelling Donors and there were lots of girls within Australia available to use last July. My FS wouldn’t allow me because of their age (under 21) however City Fertility did not discriminate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks . It’s really hard to find out much more than the agency tells you. I also wondered if anything about travelling donors was dodgy , like if the donor decides not to go through with it after travelling . I can’t seem to find anyone who has used this program , and haven’t heard any success stories for the imported frozen egg programs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    Thanks . It’s really hard to find out much more than the agency tells you. I also wondered if anything about travelling donors was dodgy , like if the donor decides not to go through with it after travelling . I can’t seem to find anyone who has used this program , and haven’t heard any success stories for the imported frozen egg programs
    I was going to choose a local donor so they didn’t have to travel and that would of saved costs. My FS was very familiar with Genevieve from travelling donors and had used them numerous times. He just wasn’t happy with the current ones in Brisbane because of age.