+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
    We do home date nights quite often. Either cook or get food from a restaurant the kids don’t normally eat.
    I bought a few new card games which we enjoy.
    Massage night
    Cocktail night
    DH has started joining me in self care Sunday and has a face mask with me
    I've been jotting down a few ideas for date night starting from next Friday... And I'm interested in massage night! I know it's self explanatory and I'm probably just dense, but did you theme anything else from the night around massage such as a bubble bath or at home spa type treatment? What about food? Although, I'm not sure what food would be considered massage themed. Apologies for the silly questions.

And does anyone dress up? I know I'm taking this way too seriously but YOLO.

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    I've been jotting down a few ideas for date night starting from next Friday... And I'm interested in massage night! I know it's self explanatory and I'm probably just dense, but did you theme anything else from the night around massage such as a bubble bath or at home spa type treatment? What about food? Although, I'm not sure what food would be considered massage themed. Apologies for the silly questions.

And does anyone dress up? I know I'm taking this way too seriously but YOLO.
    Not all the time. Sometimes we have a candle lit bath with a little grazing tray and wine (I have a bath in the en-suite)

During lockdown we did a full pretend restaurant date, dressed up, put makeup on and DS (10) was our waiter.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (13-01-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not all the time. Sometimes we have a candle lit bath with a little grazing tray and wine (I have a bath in the en-suite)

During lockdown we did a full pretend restaurant date, dressed up, put makeup on and DS (10) was our waiter.
    omg i saw that on fb! he did such a wonderful job

still cracks me up when you guys did that movie night and your dh said something about cinema robes bwahaha

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata (13-01-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews

The pretend restaurant is so freaking cute! You guys are adorable. #couplegoals

I like the idea of a candle lit bath, except our bath is quite smallish. Maybe a candle lit shower.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That made me think... If Ds1 was our waiter, we'd be eating tiny teddies and salami sticks.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata (13-01-2021),PipersMummy (13-01-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We do things occasionally, but I really think I need to bring it back and do it more often now we have a baby again, we are like ships in the night. Some stuff we have done
    - order Indian and I set up the table like a restaurant
    - have a fire in our fire pit and sit and chat and have some drinks/ grazing platter
    - grazing platter and a movie
    - board games
    These days we mostly just sit on the couch with the tv on staring at our phones or I stare at my phone while he plays PlayStation, thanks for the inspiration, I’m going to insist we bring date night back.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (13-01-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    we are barely ships in the night currently. both kids are being hell overnight and we are basically sleeping with whichever kids needs us in their room. kids are both up early too. evenings are spent catching up on work or the day’s chores. we sometimes get time to sit down together and watch something. usually there’s a lot of phone scrolling involved as we are tired and just want to zone our. i’m quite dissatisfied with the way we interact during our leisure time as it’s not quality time spent together. but not sure how to get around it, we are physically and mentally drained, making more effort just feels like too much effort. we laid down together on the bed the other evening and did massages and listened to a podcast as the sun set. that was actually really nice.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    omg i saw that on fb! he did such a wonderful job

still cracks me up when you guys did that movie night and your dh said something about cinema robes bwahaha
    Cinema robes he’s such a dork

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (14-01-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    The pretend restaurant is so freaking cute! You guys are adorable. #couplegoals

I like the idea of a candle lit bath, except our bath is quite smallish. Maybe a candle lit shower.
    Haha we are pretty lame, but I love it