+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
    Awww poor poppet. Feeding is usually the first thing to go, and last to return when unwell. It's hard to maintain a latch with a blocked nose/sore throat. I'm sure once she feels better she will come back.

I found my 2nd would be really fussy just before my period. Pretty sure we had a strike before the first one.
    And it's actually what caused me to stop with my first! The strike/ biting/ refusa, then I just stopped after he drew blood.

It hasn't cone back yet this time. So not sure how that will play out.

I hope she feels better soon. Maybe freeze some ebm and put it in a mesh feeder/ into an icy pole for her to suck on?? It may help soothe her throat being cold, and will give her a bit more fluids
    Thanks so much. I’m a FTM and having a sick baby is the wooooooorst. She didn’t drink a single thing today so I ended up taking her back to hospital as it’s 38 degrees here today. Of course she starts taking huge gulps of water the minute I get to the triage desk .

I’m praying that she will come back on the boob when she feels better. It literally feels like I’ve been going through a break up lol. But after her being so sick today, I’ve got a bit more perspective. The most important thing is that she’s healthy. If this truly is the end of our journey that’s ok as long as I’ve got my happy and healthy little girl.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beary For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (11-01-2021),Kalina (11-01-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beary View Post
    Thanks so much. I’m a FTM and having a sick baby is the wooooooorst. She didn’t drink a single thing today so I ended up taking her back to hospital as it’s 38 degrees here today. Of course she starts taking huge gulps of water the minute I get to the triage desk .

I’m praying that she will come back on the boob when she feels better. It literally feels like I’ve been going through a break up lol. But after her being so sick today, I’ve got a bit more perspective. The most important thing is that she’s healthy. If this truly is the end of our journey that’s ok as long as I’ve got my happy and healthy little girl.
    I hope she starts to feel better soon, it's awful when they're unwell 😔 Are you pumping to keep your supply up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well the strike seems to be over for now.

Yesterday she probably only had about 50mL of fluid (water from a sippy cup) and the day before maybe 100mL (from yoghurt and water in sippy cup). She was getting worse and worse and refusing all foods. It was terrible.

She woke at like 1am and was in a real state. Starving, thirsty, weak and sick. But howling. And normally when she’s in a state like that I would nurse to soothe her. But no dice. So I just had her in my arms while she was screaming and I was doing laps of upstairs. Eventually after about 90 minutes she became exhausted and relaxed a bit and kind of nuzzled down and latched! Thank god I was topless lol.

Since then she has fed another four times today (it’s only 1pm). She still won’t tolerate being put in the normal nursing position for some reason but if she’s just on my lap and I take my top off she will latch. So it’s a start. Hopefully she continues to nurse.

Now the next challenge...getting her back to having solids...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beary For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (12-01-2021),FayBelle (12-01-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yay!!

I'm sure you're fully aware, but there's no need to rush for solids just yet! She will eat when she's ready. The most important thing is she's drinking, and even better that its breast milk!

Just a thought, maybe however she normally is positioned to feed, might put pressure on her throat or neck and cause her pain given its sore, which is why she's happy to be in a different position?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

Beary (12-01-2021)