+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Loss at 8 weeks

Hi all, I just found out today at what was ment to be my 13week ultrasound that bub didn't make it past 8 weeks. Devastated to say the least. I have 4 healthy children and had no complications with any. First miscarriage and am wondering why why why?? After 4 healthy bubbas. Has anyone gone on to have a healthy pregnancy after something like this? Any info much appreciated. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so very sorry for your loss, @Jod88t. A very distressing time.
    I lost my first pregnancy at 10 weeks. Bub had stopped growing at 8 weeks, but I didn't find out for two more weeks.
    In our case, I had a D&C with genetic testing- little bubba had a trisomy, and the poor little thing would never had made it.
    The results made me feel better, but it was a pretty dark time until I got those results. I know that I was lucky, not everyone can do the testing and not all testing gives a result.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    I've since had 2 little ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry @Jod88t, miscarriage is so hard.

I lost my first three pregnancies at 6 weeks and two at 9 weeks. The two later ones were discovered during an ultrasound and we were able to have genetic testing which showed chromosomal abnormalities which unfortunately is just unlucky.

It was probably the hardest and darkest time of my life, with a lot of blame to myself even though there was nothing I could have done to change the outcome.

I now have a nearly 15 month old daughter. There is a good chance that you will have a healthy and normal pregnancy if you decide to try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry to read this . I’ve had 7 miscarriages before and after having 2 healthy babies. My first pregnancy at 19 resulted in a m/c and i then went on to have a healthy son , 3 yrs later. 4 losses between him and baby #2 then 3 losses after baby #2, when I decided enough was enough.

Sending you lots of love during this time.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry for your loss, it's always such a horrible shock. I did have a miscarriage after baby number two, thankfully went on to have two more healthy babies and currently 18 weeks with number five. I just figure perhaps they or I had health issues and so the pregnancy couldn't grow healthily. It was devastating, but time heals. Do allow yourself real time to grieve and recover xxx