+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Trigger warning***

Last edited by Loh4; 08-01-2021 at 06:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't been in that situation before, but I couldn't read and run. Huge hugs hun. I'm sure its a huge shock to you. Be kind to yourself. Take some time. No matter what happens, don't worry about what others think

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (24-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’m sorry you find yourself in this situation. I’ve got no personal experience but wanted to say that I know there are members who have and I’m sure they will reach out.

Be kind to yourself and know that whatever decision you make we are all here for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (24-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, that’s huge and on top of Christmas such a lot to take on at once! Take the time to find out for sure, then maybe write down how you feel and work through your options realistically, thinking about yourself and your partner and no one else. We had a surprise number 4 and I struggled getting my head around it and it’s been hard.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (24-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs. I had a termination 12 years ago. I never thought I would/could until I was faced with having to make the decision. In saying that, I do feel I was pushed into it by my family (not the father, he was 100% supportive with whatever I decided). My deciding factor with choosing to go through with it was my mental health and situation at the time. I had a 12 month old already, I’d not long split from her dad, I’d only been with the father about a month when I found out i was pregnant and I was living with my grandfather. I was in no state to be able to care properly for 2 children... at that point I was barely even able to look after myself. I was ok with my decision until a few years ago... it kind of all hit me and I regretted it. But... I still know and accept it was the right decision at the time. The grief and guilt are something I’ve had to work through and now I’m in a place where, although I still do regret it, I am accepting of it.

Only you know what the right decision for you is. Personally I could never go through it again, which is why it was never an option when I unexpectedly fell pregnant with 5 and 6. Things happen, contraception fails and we do what we believe is the right thing for us at that time.

I think you should wait to get the results, speak to your gp and find somewhere that offers unbiased counselling around pregnancy and your options. It’s not something you can nor should make a split second decision on. It’s ok to feel like this is the option you want, but it’s still good to talk it through with someone x

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (25-12-2020),Loh4 (24-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Loh4; 08-01-2021 at 06:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That gives you a bit of time. When I found out, I was 4-6 weeks according to the dr, the scan I had the morning of the procedure showed I was bang on 6 weeks. I know there is a dr surgery locally that will give the tablet (rather than needing to have surgical) up to 6 weeks. Give it some thought, weigh up all your options no matter how unlikely they may be and see if you can get in to speak to someone about everything and go from there. You don’t need to make a decision one way or another right now. Sending love x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (24-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Loh4; 08-01-2021 at 06:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh sweet, the universe really knows how to mess with people hey. I’m sorry you find yourself in this situation and hope you are able to find a way forward that best suits you and your family.

Absolutely no judgement whatsoever with whatever you decide. It’s your family and your decision.

All the very best, feel free to reach out if you need to chat.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (24-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From experience I wouldn’t do it. Especially Since you were wanting a baby previously, if I’m reading the right post and person. I have due to mental health factors but I found the result to make my mental health worse. Although I forgive myself as I’m only human I’ll never be ok with it.

It’s hard to accept another when you’re not ready for it but you can always work around ways of making things easier in some way, where as once you make this decision you can’t go back on it. I find the counselling pointless personally, they just go with whatever you say and don’t really inform you of the consequences after a decision, maybe they lack the knowledge. I was told to get it done by my psychologist, gp and counselling service and in the end, they were wrong, I went on to get pregnant again and couldn’t be happier. I would get counselling on the anxiety it’s giving you on continuing the pregnancy but this is just my advice based on my personal experience. It might be different if you were on your own doing this but I think if you have a partner and current kids with him, there is more chance of regret. Good luck xx

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuMtORiLeYandLeO For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (25-12-2020),Loh4 (27-12-2020)