Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    They won’t suture your cervix closed if there is no reason to...

Will ask my OBGYN to check today as I had a biopsy and cervix lasered 18 years ago for abnormal cells. Which is making me now worry incase that weakened or thinned it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersDay View Post
    Will ask my OBGYN to check today as I had a biopsy and cervix lasered 18 years ago for abnormal cells. Which is making me now worry incase that weakened or thinned it.
    So with that history they MAY use a stitch, but not guaranteed. It will depend on your cervix. Have they mentioned any issues with it during any of your previous scans etc? There are also risks to putting a cerclage in, so not something they would do if there’s no reason to just because you’ve asked for it.

Please don’t take this the wrong way but I would also be talking to your doctor about your pregnancy related anxiety. I gather it’s an IVF pregnancy (and I’ve seen a few of your posts pop up previously) and a very much wanted pregnancy. I can only imagine how long and stressful your pregnancy is going to be if at 12 weeks you’re already worried about things like losing your mucous plug. I’m sure you want to be able to enjoy the pregnancy now you’re finally here.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

atomicmama (30-11-2020),JustJaq (30-11-2020),SJ565 (30-11-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So with that history they MAY use a stitch, but not guaranteed. It will depend on your cervix. Have they mentioned any issues with it during any of your previous scans etc? There are also risks to putting a cerclage in, so not something they would do if there’s no reason to just because you’ve asked for it.

Please don’t take this the wrong way but I would also be talking to your doctor about your pregnancy related anxiety. I gather it’s an IVF pregnancy (and I’ve seen a few of your posts pop up previously) and a very much wanted pregnancy. I can only imagine how long and stressful your pregnancy is going to be if at 12 weeks you’re already worried about things like losing your mucous plug. I’m sure you want to be able to enjoy the pregnancy now you’re finally here.

Anxiety is normal for us IVF-ers especially with repeated fails & chemicals & everything else associated. Its a real miracle to finally be pregant & you just dont want to take any chances. Especially knowing how hard it is to get this far IF something like my mucus plug causes a loss & I have to do rounds of IVF all over again.

Am going to ask for a transvaginal scan even if he says no Im insisting on one with my history & that piece of mucus. The NT scan they did abdominal & didnt say anything about my cervix so I dont even know if they checked it or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I also did multiple years of fertility treatments, multiple rounds of IVF and 2 early losses before having my DD, and yes anxiety is normal to some extent but my point is you want to be able to enjoy your pregnancy rather than stressing out over every little aspect. I’ve also cared for many women with perinatal anxiety and all I’m trying to say is that having some support systems in place can help you try to manage your anxiety. Things like mindfulness/meditation etc can actually be incredibly helpful. Granted my experience is limited to those women who are hospitalised during their pregnancy, but those things were still helpful. Having a good doctor is definitely a big part of the puzzle for sure. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for a TV scan at all, but jumping straight into asking for a cervical suture without there being a documented and known concern is.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

JustJaq (30-11-2020),Mum-I-Am (01-12-2020),WintersDay (30-11-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also did multiple years of fertility treatments, multiple rounds of IVF and 2 early losses before having my DD, and yes anxiety is normal to some extent but my point is you want to be able to enjoy your pregnancy rather than stressing out over every little aspect. I’ve also cared for many women with perinatal anxiety and all I’m trying to say is that having some support systems in place can help you try to manage your anxiety. Things like mindfulness/meditation etc can actually be incredibly helpful. Granted my experience is limited to those women who are hospitalised during their pregnancy, but those things were still helpful. Having a good doctor is definitely a big part of the puzzle for sure. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for a TV scan at all, but jumping straight into asking for a cervical suture without there being a documented and known concern is.

I am seeing my counsellor tomorrow nonetheless. I usually am a meditation advocate though have slacked off lately.

Saw my OBGYN. I didnt even need to ask for a TV scan as soon as I told him what happened he said we need to do one & potentially a stitch and increase your progesteone pessery dosage. He said he has to monitor it nontheless, so off to the radiographers in a few hours for the scan.

To be honest I have been more relaxed in pregnancy than not however as soon as I get a scare of something I am very easily triggered.

Baby was moving lots & good heart beat on my OBS scanner but he doesnt do TV in clinic.

I hope it is just a case of needing more progesterone not a stitch!

Thanks
    Reviews

Lucky I got the ultrasound & my OBGYN is onto it! I have a partial dilation of my cervix 7mm from the placenta!!! Waiting for the report to get to him to determine what is next. He will likely stitch me which is what he said may happen this morning and/or higher progesterone.

My intuition told me that mucus wasnt normal.

Impossible not to have anxiety when you have things like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How interesting.

When I was pregnant I saw all kinds of vaginal discharge (sorry if that’s gross lol). I just figured it was normal. And everything turned out fine with that pregnancy. Your intuition was telling you something though so it sounds like you need to trust your gut. But do be aware that you should expect discharge now and then - it is normal in pregnancy. I also lost quite a bit of my pessaries down the toilet. When will you be stopping them? I was told to wean off at around 12 weeks. Hopefully getting rid of them can be one less thing to worry about.

And I’m sorry you’ve had such a tough journey - but do try to enjoy the pregnancy as much as you possibly can. It’s a wonderful time and I wish I had appreciated it more. I had six early losses before my rainbow baby so I spent the whole time terrified.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beary For This Useful Post:

WintersDay (01-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beary View Post
    How interesting.

When I was pregnant I saw all kinds of vaginal discharge (sorry if that’s gross lol). I just figured it was normal. And everything turned out fine with that pregnancy. Your intuition was telling you something though so it sounds like you need to trust your gut. But do be aware that you should expect discharge now and then - it is normal in pregnancy. I also lost quite a bit of my pessaries down the toilet. When will you be stopping them? I was told to wean off at around 12 weeks. Hopefully getting rid of them can be one less thing to worry about.

And I’m sorry you’ve had such a tough journey - but do try to enjoy the pregnancy as much as you possibly can. It’s a wonderful time and I wish I had appreciated it more. I had six early losses before my rainbow baby so I spent the whole time terrified.

Thank you. Yeah this situation isnt what I needed to have happen, but it has. It was late yesterday when they were finalising the report to my OBGYN I called his nurse 5 times to check if it had arrived and it hadnt so will know the course of action today.

As for the pesseries not weening off them sadly. In fact said I might need to increase the dose depending on the scan results.

Im used to the discharge but this time it was different which is why thankfully I had it checked!

From what he said before the scan it will be monitor & higher pesseries or stitch. Whats concerning me is its at the top near the uterus so it may continue down as the baby gets bigger.

I got set off last night as I told a girlfriend who kept insisting I go to this womens hospital by us & get a dr there to stitch me! Firstly they wouldnt just do that because I said so, secondly my OB is a pragmatic professor. If I need it there is no way in hell Id get a random dr likely a registrar to do something that is so risky! But it set me off because she wasnt listening to me saying no & why! Actually made me so mad I was crying profusely in rage out of frustration. Unhelpful!

I thought I would enjoy pregnancy, but nope. Thought it would be after the 1st trimester but then another complication is thrown at me.

Im on SO MANY medications for my medical conditions & regular monitoring of my thyroid & other things. How can I enjoy it when Im constantly thinking about what bloods I need now and what drugs I need next to keep my baby safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I second what @M'LadyEm has said about seeking some support for your anxiety.

I speak as someone who's had IVF pregnancies, and anxiety.

It's a stressful situation, for sure.

But there's stressful - and then there's making 5 phonecalls and crying with rage.

Seek some mental health support - you'll feel better.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (01-12-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn’t agree more about seeking help for anxiety. I was crippled with anxiety in my last 2 pregnancies. After years of ivf and a stillbirth I was a total mess.

I got help at about 20 weeks with the twins and I wish I had done it when I was pregnant with DD1.

Sure being vigilant is great and speaking to your on whenever you are worried is important but you can do those things as well as help reduce anxiety.

You’ve worked so hard on this and it would be a real shame to spend the whole pregnancy worried.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (01-12-2020),WintersDay (01-12-2020)