Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cervical mucus plug - did some come out?

Hi ladies

Ok so sorry for the TMI part here but I went to the restroom for a #2. Not badly constipated today thx to lots of fibre however when I do go I sometimes push out the residue of a progesterone pessery

This time I noticed on the paper a tiny tiny bit of clear/yellow thick jelly mucus.

I googled & the mucus plug is meant to be bigger & the size of a quarter and this was the size of a pin.

Could it be a part of the cervical mucus plug? Has this ever happened to you?

Am 12.5 weeks pregnant & see my OBGYN tomorrow thank goodness!!!

Freaking out. WD x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's probably the pessery or normal cervical fluid etc. Even if it is some plug, it's tiny and it actually regenerates itself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

WintersDay (29-11-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    It's probably the pessery or normal cervical fluid etc. Even if it is some plug, it's tiny and it actually regenerates itself.

Thank you so much for the reaponse and reassurance. I wasnt sure if it regenerates itself or not, was frantically doing a dr google.

Thank goodness am seeing my OBGYN tomorrow morning.

I keep checking to make sure no more is there. It got me confused because it was thick and stretchy in consistency.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That tiny amount wouldn't make much of a difference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

WintersDay (29-11-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hope so. Just worried that it happend to begin with. Will ask my OBGYN in the morning. Wish I took a photo but I didnt think that quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like normal vaginal discharge to me. When you say size of a pin do you mean like a pin head? I honestly wouldn’t worry. Your amount of vaginal discharge increases in pregnancy so is more likely going to be that. By all means mention it to your doctor, but I wouldn’t be stressing about it overnight. Your mucous plug is really only just forming at this stage of your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Im so worried I have a dysfunctional cervix now! Like so fearful. I might ask to be stitched anyway just incase it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersDay View Post
    Im so worried I have a dysfunctional cervix now! Like so fearful. I might ask to be stitched anyway just incase it is.
    They won’t suture your cervix closed if there is no reason to...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you recently had intercourse by any chance? This happened to me following intercourse quite a few times in my last pregnancy.

Your mucus plug does regenerate itself anyway so given it’s a small amount I wouldn’t be too alarmed.

Your OB may do a scan/internal to check your cervix is closed. I don’t believe they would stitch unless your cervix was open or other medical reasons for concern.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    Have you recently had intercourse by any chance? This happened to me following intercourse quite a few times in my last pregnancy.

Your mucus plug does regenerate itself anyway so given it’s a small amount I wouldn’t be too alarmed.

Your OB may do a scan/internal to check your cervix is closed. I don’t believe they would stitch unless your cervix was open or other medical reasons for concern.

No I havent had intercourse in a long time and not in pregnancy I dont want to be touched. I do put pesseries in 3 times a day.

I got worried thinking what if the whole thing came out and fell in the toilet when I did the #2 and that small piece was the last residual bit.

Will tell my OBGYN this morning & ask to check my cervix as I had a tiny amount of spotting on my panty liner dot about 4mm in diameter at week 11 too. It didnt last long it then went to a pink dot then a brown dot over 5 hours then stopped.

Ive had a history of a cervical biopsy and cervical laser 18 years ago for abnormal cells so I dont know how much weaker or thinner that procedure made my cervix. It was so long ago and Im sure they do a better job of it nowadays.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast