+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3rd Pregnancy opinions

Hi everyone,

So I have just found out I am pregnant again, only super early about 2 weeks. I already have 2 kids, 4 and 1. My husband and I have chatted about another but didn’t actually say yep let’s do it. Now this has happened a lot sooner and I am a bit of a mess dealing with it atm. I don’t want to sound ungrateful or anything as I know there are people out there struggling to fall pregnant... and I too struggled the second time and had a miscarriage too. BUT i just don’t know what to do. Is it the right thing to have another one? I feel so awful feeling this way but I can’t help it.

Please be kind but just wanting some options and anyone who had 3 kids how is it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddi9 View Post
    Hi everyone,

So I have just found out I am pregnant again, only super early about 2 weeks. I already have 2 kids, 4 and 1. My husband and I have chatted about another but didn’t actually say yep let’s do it. Now this has happened a lot sooner and I am a bit of a mess dealing with it atm. I don’t want to sound ungrateful or anything as I know there are people out there struggling to fall pregnant... and I too struggled the second time and had a miscarriage too. BUT i just don’t know what to do. Is it the right thing to have another one? I feel so awful feeling this way but I can’t help it.

Please be kind but just wanting some options and anyone who had 3 kids how is it?
    I have three boys, 8,4,2. The 4 and 2 year old are great together, the 8 year old is so strong willed which can cause some friction. However I wouldn’t have it any other way. I found with my three the closer they are the better it is.

No one can tell you what to do or how to feel. Personally, if I fell pregnant with number 4 I’d keep it.
    Have you told your husband? What is his thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have 3 and my 3rd is amazing. He slotted right in. If you were already discussing it then it sounds like it wasn't a definite no.

Would you be ok terminating then in a year be wanting to have a 3rd? To me, there's never a perfect time. There's always pros and cons.

Good luck with your choice xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A year ago we found out we were expecting our fourth baby, we had said we were done but I was so anxious about what 4 would be like. Now it’s been a crazy year giving birth in the middle of a pandemic but my older ones adore her and I can’t imagine not having her now.

It really is such a personal thing, but it’s ok to freak out a little while you come to terms with being pregnant. Just take a moment to breathe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow so nice. 3 boys... that could be me too. Mine are both boys too.
    Yep hubby knows. He was there when I tested. We had been talking about it so it was on the cards but just wasn’t expecting it to happen straight away. First baby was first go second took us about 1 year and now this straight away. 🙈

Thanks
    Reviews
    Given we had talked about it we hadn’t completely ruled out a third so maybe it’s just meant to be.

Not sure how I would feel about terminating. I’m still in shock a bit I think so I’ll just see how I feel in a few more days. I don’t think I could go through with that though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also my husband said the same, what if in a year we really want one and then we struggle.
    I think it’s my age I’m 33 so don’t want to be much older so maybe like I said it’s just meant to be now

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have time. You’ll manage, you’ll make the decision that is right for you. Even if you plan for a pregnancy it still is a shock, I remember thinking is this actually real.... but then it sinks in life carries on and you learn to adjust. I wouldn’t see it as a bad thing but a blessing, yes timing may not be as you wanted to, but really what is in this life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your absolutely right. It’s starting to feel ok now. Hubby and I talked more last night about it all. Even car situations with car seats, will 3 fit ect. We definitely need a bigger house which was first on our list next year so that has to happen now lol
    Thanks for the advice. Feeling a lot better this morning with it all. Now to break the news to my parents 🙈😰😖🤣 they are the best grandparents.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maddi9 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq (27-11-2020),Mamasupial (27-11-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddi9 View Post
    Your absolutely right. It’s starting to feel ok now. Hubby and I talked more last night about it all. Even car situations with car seats, will 3 fit ect. We definitely need a bigger house which was first on our list next year so that has to happen now lol
    Thanks for the advice. Feeling a lot better this morning with it all. Now to break the news to my parents 🤣 they are the best grandparents.
    Glad you’re feeling better about it now, the car seat squeeze in have to play Tetris with them lol nothing wrong with getting a bigger house. You’re lucky to have supportive parents and good grandparents. I’m sure they will be happy for you both.