+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recurrent pregnancy loss and involuntary childlessness - support groups?

Hi

Not sure if anyone will actually ever read this (and fair enough if you don't want to).

I've been looking around in the forum and noticed there used to be older but now closed threads for people who were unsuccessful in their fertility journeys, and I wish I could contact them and ask them how/if they got on with their lives since.

So I was wondering if anyone knew any existing groups or information (maybe even outside this forum) for someone who has experienced recurrent pregnancy loss and is likely to stay involuntarily childless and is struggling a bit with this reality.

I know there are organisations like SANDS, Bears of Hope etc. but I am looking to find information about how to deal with multiple (in my case six so far) losses and future childlessness.

Most miscarriage organisations and miscarriage related articles on the interwebs tell stories about couples who eventually did have living babies, but there's rarely a story about someone who didn't get their rainbow - maybe nobody wants to read about those apart from me.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martha View Post
    Hi

Not sure if anyone will actually ever read this (and fair enough if you don't want to).

I've been looking around in the forum and noticed there used to be older but now closed threads for people who were unsuccessful in their fertility journeys, and I wish I could contact them and ask them how/if they got on with their lives since.

So I was wondering if anyone knew any existing groups or information (maybe even outside this forum) for someone who has experienced recurrent pregnancy loss and is likely to stay involuntarily childless and is struggling a bit with this reality.

I know there are organisations like SANDS, Bears of Hope etc. but I am looking to find information about how to deal with multiple (in my case six so far) losses and future childlessness.

Most miscarriage organisations and miscarriage related articles on the interwebs tell stories about couples who eventually did have living babies, but there's rarely a story about someone who didn't get their rainbow - maybe nobody wants to read about those apart from me.

Thanks for your help.
    Hello. I’m so sorry you’re going through a tough time. I do know there is a fairly active community on reddit, in the ‘infertility’ subreddit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beary For This Useful Post:

martha (14-11-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martha View Post
    Hi

Thanks for your help.
    I couldn't read and run. I don't actually know of any support groups etc but I'm sorry you're facing this uncertain future.
    My best friend is also involuntarily childless, 15 years they tried in total, IVF for 10 years, surrogacy, adoption etc and no luck. She really struggled with getting support, so there must be a real shortage for it which is a huge shame. I know that doesn't help at all but I really hope someone is able to suggest something for you to look into.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simyt For This Useful Post:

martha (14-11-2020)