+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default April/May baby

Those that are in Brisbane or have similar temperatures etc, what do babies wear in April/May?

My other babies have been August, September and December, so not really winter babies.

Will baby need long sleeves at that stage? Or will it still be warm?

I'm wanting to sew a bunch of baby clothes before baby arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Those that are in Brisbane or have similar temperatures etc, what do babies wear in April/May?

My other babies have been August, September and December, so not really winter babies.

Will baby need long sleeves at that stage? Or will it still be warm?

I'm wanting to sew a bunch of baby clothes before baby arrives.
    My DS was born the first week of May in Brisbane and he lived in long sleeve bonds wonder suits for the first 6 weeks. He also hated being wrapped so just had a basinnette sheet and blanket over him and he was warm enough from memory. (I just looked at his newborn photos to see what he wore and how he slept).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial (08-11-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default April/May baby

@Mamasupial both my babes are May. They were in long sleeve onesies +/- a singlet suit pretty much from birth. We ditched the singlet suit around August/September when it started to warm up. Only now is DS sleeping in long sleeve body suits (with sleeping bag) on cooler nights or short sleeve body suits on warmer nights. Once we have air con working again he’ll go into onesies overnight (when the AC is in).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial (08-11-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks ladies! I started on my first bodysuit today and picked long sleeves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Thanks ladies! I started on my first bodysuit today and picked long sleeves.
    Just remember the newborn dressing advice - what you’re wearing plus an extra layer. So if you’re in jeans, tshirt and jumper in winter, then bub would need a singlet and long sleeve onesie plus an extra layer (blanket/wrap/swaddle/sleeping bag).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our May and July babies wore long zip suits with a short singlet and then a 2.5tog sleeping bag.

They were little and seemed to feel the cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Just remember the newborn dressing advice - what you’re wearing plus an extra layer. So if you’re in jeans, tshirt and jumper in winter, then bub would need a singlet and long sleeve onesie plus an extra layer (blanket/wrap/swaddle/sleeping bag).
    I didn't wear long pants at all in the last year... so probably not a good judge for me lol