+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nose bleed in toddler.

DS seems to be having lots of small nose bleeds, 4 in 2 weeks. It is always from falling but none of the other kids seem to ever have them.

Is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wonder if he's injured himself the first time and just keeps opening it back up each time he falls 🤷‍♀️ I'd get it checkout out regardless.

Anecdotal, but I went through a stage where I was prone to nose bleeds when I was in primary school. I had the thickest hair, and if wore it out during Summer, my nose would start bleeding from the heat. All was fine, it was just the way my body reacted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I wonder if he's injured himself the first time and just keeps opening it back up each time he falls 🤷‍♀️ I'd get it checkout out regardless.

Anecdotal, but I went through a stage where I was prone to nose bleeds when I was in primary school. I had the thickest hair, and if wore it out during Summer, my nose would start bleeding from the heat. All was fine, it was just the way my body reacted.
    I did wonder that or if he is “just a boy” ie more prone to falling and therefore injury.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’ve always had a lot of nosebleeds as a kid and as an adult. The blood vessels in the nose are so fragile that if they haven’t had enough time to heal they will burst easier and easier until they can heal.

The worst one I’ve ever had came after I’d had a cold, so the vessel’s were all fragile from being sick. Sneezed in the shower and it started. Bled like a tap for 45+ minutes and took several attempts at the hospital to stop it.

I wouldn’t be concerned if a) there is a reason for them (I.e. falling over) and b) if they are stopping easily. If they start happening for no obvious reason and/or bleed for longer than 15 mins I would get it investigated.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pcos30 For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (01-11-2020)