+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Starting a business

Hi ladies

So for the past 6 months i keep going back and forth in my head about starting my own business.

One main thing that is holding me back is, i am a very private person. And am worried if i dont have a ‘face’ behind my business then it wont succeed.

When I say face, majority of my advertising will be through instagram and I hate filming myself, i just want to show the products and how handy they are.

Would love to know everyone’s thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i’m very much the same as you; i feel a degree of having to let my privacy go if you have a business where you advertise and promote. there really is that leap of faith required where you allow people to see you and i guess you need to be vulnerable as you’re ultimately opening yourself up to potential failure. that’s what always holds me back. it’s a very limiting mindset i know. ultimately you need to just do it. what is your business/industry?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly (29-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i’m very much the same as you; i feel a degree of having to let my privacy go if you have a business where you advertise and promote. there really is that leap of faith required where you allow people to see you and i guess you need to be vulnerable as you’re ultimately opening yourself up to potential failure. that’s what always holds me back. it’s a very limiting mindset i know. ultimately you need to just do it. what is your business/industry?
    Thanks hun. That’s the scariest part for me. Would you buy something from someone with no face to the business? I would and do.

I would be selling items direct from manufacturers and on selling. So the items do sell themselves, to the right audience obviously. Happy to PM you more specifics or my insta page if im allowed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i think if you’re selling a product there’s more leeway and less expectation from the audience to see the person. where you’re selling a service, you’re essentially selling yourself so i think in service industries it’s much harder to remain faceless. products tend to sell themselves if you have a good brand, so i reckon there’s more scope to keep yourself more private. ok pm me your insta, i would love to see it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i think if you’re selling a product there’s more leeway and less expectation from the audience to see the person. where you’re selling a service, you’re essentially selling yourself so i think in service industries it’s much harder to remain faceless. products tend to sell themselves if you have a good brand, so i reckon there’s more scope to keep yourself more private. ok pm me your insta, i would love to see it!
    Thanks hun! So so you think it matters if there is no face?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMummaButterfly View Post
    Thanks hun! So so you think it matters if there is no face?
    i think if you’re a small family run type business, it’s nice to show your face a bit. like not every post, but maybe an intro post saying hi, this is who we are type thing. definitely from larger companies i wouldn’t expect it. but with a smaller business i think it can help you audience connect with your brand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've bought products advertised with influencers/random models in the promo's and it never occurred to me or bothered me that they weren't the actual business owner - reviews, word of mouth and the product itself is what matters to me as a consumer. I guess it depends on the nature of the product or service to some extent but it's definitely not make or break. However, a strong social media presence never hurts - it's how a lot of products get out there (without any other additional advertising) but even then, you don't necessarily have to plaster yourself on the material.