+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weak home pregnancy test - is it always a chemical?

Sorry for hijacking this area with a silly question, ladies.

Has any of you ever had a light home pregnancy result on a pink dye test (one of those early ones) after about 8 days of missed period (unclear ovulation date) and went on to have a normal pregnancy? The line was clearly visible after 2 minutes waiting but it's relatively faint (but clearly visible so not just a squinter). I am on CD 34 today.

I have been taking my BBT since 2018 and was always able to see a proper rise in temps, also, I have been pregnant before (unsuccessfully, 5x). But this month ironically I thought I didn't ovulate at all as I couldn't see a clear rise, and we only DTD once on CD11 (so sperm and egg probably both in bad shape). When I had two chemicals in the past I had much fainter lines though, hence me being confused.

Any success stories with a faint test? I don't want another miscarriage, it would make it #6 since 2018, I'm exhausted. Thanks everyone for your help.

Image added:
    phpTDNmyjPM.jpg
    Last edited by martha; 27-10-2020 at 10:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have any advice on the pregnancy test but I wanted to say congratulations and I hope it works out for you, Martha. Fingers crossed this is your take home baby.

Are you able to get a HCG count done?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

martha (27-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @MissTwiggley, appreciate your words.

I am not too sure with telehealth these days but could try if I could get a blood test done somehow. I want to avoid going to my usual obgyn, I feel like I am such a nuisance to her with all my failed pregnancies and she's always so nice (so I feel like I'm wasting her time), so would prefer getting the bloods done without her knowing. I might try.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to martha For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (27-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by martha View Post
    Thanks so much @MissTwiggley, appreciate your words.

I am not too sure with telehealth these days but could try if I could get a blood test done somehow. I want to avoid going to my usual obgyn, I feel like I am such a nuisance to her with all my failed pregnancies and she's always so nice (so I feel like I'm wasting her time), so would prefer getting the bloods done without her knowing. I might try.
    @martha I'm so sorry you feel that way, I know what that's like and it's a horrible way to feel. You are not wasting her time hun, that's her job. You're not a nuisance, please don't beat yourself up like that. You're just a very, very strong woman who is doing everything she can to have a baby, but having a terribly hard time through no fault of her own x

There are people who have weak positives which turn into strong positives - particularly when you're not sure about ovulation timing, you don't really know for sure how many dpo you are. It could go either way, as you know too, too well.

The big advantage of going to your Dr is that she can get you on progesterone support immediately if that's something you need. She can test your thyroid immediately and get you on support if that's something you need. Those sorts of things benefit from very early testing.

I completely understand where your head is at. If you do opt not to go to your Dr, you can go online to
    https://imedical.com.au - you can order blood tests, including hcg, progesterone etc, online by yourself, without a Dr. Then you go to one of the labs they work with, same day. You'd need to do it at least twice to work out if your hcg is rising.

Thinking of you and hoping for you.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

martha (27-10-2020),MissTwiggley (27-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @Kalina for your kind words and understanding.

I still have progesterone from last times and another prescription so that's good.

Yeah I really feel like a failure, and I really need to come to terms that it's probably not happening anymore for me at almost 43 even if I get pregnant every bloody few months - my eggs are probably all rubbish.

I do get phases of deep depression from time to time, don't know what I would do without my husband really as I don't have any relatives that I can rely on, and no real life friends with similar stories.

These stupid positive tests obviously trigger another circle of agony of hope, and at the same time I'm thinking about all the things that I should have done to make it work (why did I start yoga two weeks ago and contorted myself, why did I continue to take the Chinese medicine and let the acupuncture lady put needles in potentially the wrong spots, why did I not take progesterone earlier etc etc). BUT the fate of this embryo will probably have been decided within the first hour anyway, so I should just wait and see when it comes out.

Appreciate your kind support ladies, @Kalina and @MissTwiggley

9. The Following User Says Thank You to martha For This Useful Post:

Kalina (27-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just saw the photo above. That test isn't so faint @martha. It would prob turn up even better on a frer. I don't want to give you false hope, and given your history of course it's prudent to be very cautious, but that's no squinter.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

martha (27-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks @Kalina that's really good to know.

Well ironically again the ones where I had super strong lines in the past also ended as failed pregnancies, so it's just like the lottery really.

I'll keep you updated what happens next... I have had a headache for a few days now so there's probably some hormone changes happening. No bleeding yet though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Latest news - the pregnancy test got much stronger 48 hours later and I got a tiny bit hopeful.

BUT here we are, I have started bleeding lightly this morning which for me always means miscarriage.

So I am now waiting for some cramping to start. Would have been 6 weeks today.

Another dream broken, failed pregnancy #6. Not sure how many more disappointments I can take. I would love to disappear in a hole an not come out for a while. However, need to work to pay the bills and be chipper because nobody understands what it means to have recurrent miscarriage and no children, it doesn't compare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Latest news - the pregnancy test got much stronger 48 hours later and I got a tiny bit hopeful.

BUT here we are, I have started bleeding lightly this morning which for me always means miscarriage.

Another dream broken, failed pregnancy #6. Not sure how many more disappointments I can take. I would love to disappear in a hole an not come out for a while. However, need to work to pay the bills and be chipper because nobody understands what it means to have recurrent miscarriage and no children, it doesn't compare.
    😔 @martha can you go have a scan today? Any Dr will refer you. I understand that you know your body and your history, and that previously bleeding has always meant miscarriage, but I'm also sure you know that you really should have a scan to see what exactly is going on. x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

martha (04-11-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I’m so sorry you are going through this.

I also had recurrent miscarriage while trying for my DD. She was my seventh pregnancy, the six previous ones were all miscarriages/chemicals. I never got any answers for the previous losses.

It was a frustrating experience and I definitely suffered a lot of depression because of it. All this is to say, I’ve been there and it is TOUGH. best of luck on your journey and I hope the bleeding is not anything ominous. I hope you can have a scan.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Beary For This Useful Post:

martha (04-11-2020)