+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    dh is being a d!ck. we are now arguing because he doesn’t think i should be feeling angry and frustrated. he’s just a blind dan lover and it’s really annoying me. seems to think nobody should be angry or questioning what’s going on.
    Yeah I'm so over it. Like, F$#* ! Today's big anticipated announcements .... "uh, give us some more time and we'll get back to you." I am not unhappy with Dan or any one person/government/organisation, I'm unhappy with the pandemic. I'm fed up with this disease. I know being angry doesn't help or change anything, but I am. I'm sick of every day being a wait for something.

I live so far away from the northern suburbs. Our shire hasn't had a new case in well over 30 days, probably more like 45! Why can't we go back to suburb lockdown? (No offence intended to those members who live in those areas) The north/northwest continues to be the source of infection. As the crow flies we are further from the CBD than Geelong is, plus a much lower population density- yet we still have the same rules applied. I'm over it!

Sure, I'm just getting on with life and not ruminating every minute of every day. It is what it is. But that doesn't mean I'm not angry about it all!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (25-10-2020),turquoisecoast (25-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’m so disappointed today. I literally burst into tears watching the press conference.
    Hopefully the northern outbreak is under control in the next few days.
    Why that family sent their child to school when they were isolating is beyond me. I hope they get a huge fine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (25-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Covid-19 (Coronavirus) chat #5

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I’m so disappointed today. I literally burst into tears watching the press conference.
    Why that family sent their child to school when they were isolating is beyond me. I hope they get a huge fine.
    It would be prudent to investigate the reason why the family though it was ok for the boy the to go school before deciding to throw the family under the bus.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (25-10-2020),atomicmama (25-10-2020),PomPoms (26-10-2020),SJ565 (25-10-2020)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm over the pandemic too. I get a bit frustrated with people who make it all about politics though.

I guess because I'm so close to the northern cluster I can see how it could easily spill over into other areas including ours. I'm so glad I go a bit further east to do the shopping. Hopefully by Tuesday we'll have some good news...If they're on top of this outbreak.
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 25-10-2020 at 15:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    It would be prudent to investigate the reason why the family though it was ok for the boy the to go school before deciding to throw the family under the bus.
    I've read a little bit about the circumstances and can see how it would happen. And that's without adding in a different language to contend with.
    The guidance can be pretty confusing. I can't say for sure that I wouldn't have sent kid b to daycare when kid a got the all-clear.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

Kalina (25-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can see all the disappointment in this thread and I don’t want to minimise that. I feel for those that are struggling, so I wanted to point out a few things to make yourselves feel proud (as well as angry and frustrated)...

The modelling they told us all those weeks (?months) ago, they said Oct 26th we should be at 5 average and 5 mystery. In 2 or 3 days time - we can be there!
    That is a massive achievement by Victoria and a salute to the excellent modelling used to make these decisions.

UK and France has similar numbers to our peak not too long ago (July from memory), they are not in a good place now.

Czech ‘beat’ covid 100 days ago and they then let everything go back to normal. They are now creating field hospitals and borrowing ventilators.

I hope Tuesday brings good news for everyone! Victoria did this 👍

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HappyDaysAllRound For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (25-10-2020),ivyninja (25-10-2020),SJ565 (25-10-2020),Thecrazycatlady (25-10-2020),turquoisecoast (25-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Lacking brain cells most likely on the families part, no caring about anyone but themselves and they’ll say it isn’t real. I’ve got friends who are struggling massively in every way aswell in the east. 3 teenage boys that have gone a bit nuts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Lacking brain cells most likely on the families part, no caring about anyone but themselves and they’ll say it isn’t real. I’ve got friends who are struggling massively in every way aswell in the east. 3 teenage boys that have gone a bit nuts
    Have you actually heard their side of the story? It sounds like a family trying to do the right thing, confused by conflicting information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Have you actually heard their side of the story? It sounds like a family trying to do the right thing, confused by conflicting information.
    In the press conference, I think yesterday, they said the family were told the other 2 children were clear to return to school but as English was not their first language they misunderstood and through all 3 could return.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (26-10-2020),Mum-I-Am (26-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    In the press conference, I think yesterday, they said the family were told the other 2 children were clear to return to school but as English was not their first language they misunderstood and through all 3 could return.
    That’s what also heard. And they had two different case managers - one managing two of the children and another managing the other. Sounded like a lot of miscommunication.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (26-10-2020)