+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    I'm not across this, in what sorts of situations can people not have the vaccine even if they'd want to?

I'm biased too (I guess everyone is in one way or another, this affects us all). For me travel has an emotional dimension because I have close family overseas, it's not about a holiday (although I'd really like one of those too).
    People who are allergic to the ingredients and at some stages of cancer treatment.

Perhaps those who do not want to get the vaccine could do quarantine instead?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Kalina (09-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    People who are allergic to the ingredients and at some stages of cancer treatment.

Perhaps those who do not want to get the vaccine could do quarantine instead?
    Right, I see. Hopefully for the first group the problematic ingredients aren't in all the vaccines and there'll eventually be a wider range to choose from.

I didn't realise there were people who won't be able to be vaccinated if they want. That's really problematic given that the vaccines don't seem to prevent transmission, I think they only reduce it by about half.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (09-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Aaaaand a couple from Melbourne defied lockdown and drove up through regional NSW to the Sunshine Coast before testing positive. Thankfully it doesn’t effect me this time, but I wish people would stop thinking they’re above lockdowns, staying home when sick (was apparently symptomatic before crossing the Qld border), mask wearing etc etc.

(Granted I don’t have full info, just what I’ve caught on the news just now and what DH has said so I could have my facts wrong.)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese (09-06-2021),MissTwiggley (09-06-2021),Mum-I-Am (09-06-2021),PomPoms (09-06-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Aaaaand a couple from Melbourne defied lockdown and drove up through regional NSW to the Sunshine Coast before testing positive. Thankfully it doesn’t effect me this time, but I wish people would stop thinking they’re above lockdowns, staying home when sick (was apparently symptomatic before crossing the Qld border), mask wearing etc etc.

(Granted I don’t have full info, just what I’ve caught on the news just now and what DH has said so I could have my facts wrong.)
    That’s what I heard. When there are lockdowns in other areas the Sunshine Coast becomes sooo busy 🤨 every time….

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I was on holiday in Dubbo last week. The woman went to the cinema next to the woollies that I went to but I wasn’t there the time she was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Apparently they were relocating to live and work so were allowed to leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Apparently they were relocating to live and work so were allowed to leave
    Not sure if you’re using sarcasm

The one positive thing out of it is that now SC residents 16+ can get vaccinated. Before it was only people 50+. Does not make up for the huge economic loss for businesses in the community.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so over these stories.

I've got one that didn't even make the news. My aunt and uncle live just outside of metro Melbourne. She wanted to return an item of clothing to a shopping centre in Melbourne.

She called my uncle, who was in metro and still locked down and said they'd visit them and then they could go return the item. My uncle said she can't come in a she is regional.. she insisted regional Vic can travel anywhere.

So, she went into the city. Called my uncle, he went and had lunch with her somewhere, then they pointed out how she can't be there and showed her. She then got all worried about getting caught.

She also says basically to lock up the couple who went to qld and throw away the key 🙄 (I agree. Penalties NEED to be given)

But it's THIS kind of stupidity of "the rules don't apply to ME" that's spreading this crap. The exact reason we need lockdowns, because some people can't simply do a they're told.
    Reminds me of this pearler:
    download.jpg

So, not only do I think my aunt is a selfish twit for not thinking the rules applied to her, my uncle is worse as he knew and STILL went in public to have lunch with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was chatting to DHs aunt yesterday who lives on the SC and she was saying the economic impact of this couple from Victoria is crazy. One of the coffee shops they visited has lost so much money from their visit (it’s a coffee shop she also frequents). The cost of a deep clean. The cost of being closed for 2 days because of deep cleaning, the cost of staff who now have to quarantine etc. and that’s just one business. I can kind of get their thinking in that they just wanted to get to their destination, especially if symptomatic and not wanting to quarantine in the middle of their road trip, but to then visit a coffee shop/supermarket/shopping centre every place they stopped along the way and once they got there. It’s just selfish behaviour. I know people are becoming complacent, but if you just follow the rules and get tested and isolate til you get a negative result the impact on society will be far less. I get so frustrated when people can’t follow the rules. They’re there for a reason, not just to **** people off. I mean they’d traveled from a city that was in the midst of another lockdown because of covid. Surely they’d have to have thought it was a possibility when they first started getting sick?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just got back yesterday from 4 days at Caloundra. There were loads of ppl getting tested at various drive through sites. I feel sorry for the businesses that have had to close due to this selfish couple. It’s not fair in those who did the right thing and stayed away . Thankfully we didn’t go to any of the sites listed .