+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    I realise my last comment about what df said must sound so bad. He’s not trying to find a loophole or anything. He’s not being reckless. He just doesn’t want DS and I having to be stuck here as well. DS has been in isolation at home since Sunday and he’s losing his mind.. I think DF is feeling a bit guilty for having us in this situation when reality is it’s not his fault at all.
    It’s tough. I think it’s important to think how you would explain your actions if you did end up testing positive? A case here recently was someone who was fully vaccinated and had been to a hotspot so got a test. They were meant to isolate for 14 day regardless of the result. But they got a negative result, didn’t have symptoms and were vaccinated - so I imagine they thought the risk was negligible and decided not to isolate (or maybe they were confused about what they were meant to do - who knows). A few days later they got sick and tested positive. And subsequently have been thrown under the bus by the media and community for not doing what they were meant to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    It’s tough. I think it’s important to think how you would explain your actions if you did end up testing positive? A case here recently was someone who was fully vaccinated and had been to a hotspot so got a test. They were meant to isolate for 14 day regardless of the result. But they got a negative result, didn’t have symptoms and were vaccinated - so I imagine they thought the risk was negligible and decided not to isolate (or maybe they were confused about what they were meant to do - who knows). A few days later they got sick and tested positive. And subsequently have been thrown under the bus by the media and community for not doing what they were meant to.
    That’s a very good way of looking at it. I don’t think DF is thinking like that. And honestly we live in a small town and I work at the public school so it would be a witch hunt if I did come back positive.
    My boss seems to think I only have to isolate until we both get negative results but that wouldn’t be the case, unless we’ve been separated the whole time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I saw something last night (couldn’t read the article because it was behind a paywall) that she succumbed to peer pressure to leave isolation/quarantine… I’m not sure what restrictions she was supposed to be under coming from Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    I saw something last night (couldn’t read the article because it was behind a paywall) that she succumbed to peer pressure to leave isolation/quarantine… I’m not sure what restrictions she was supposed to be under coming from Melbourne.
    The issue was because of the hotspot she visited regardless of test results she needed to isolate for the full 14 days regardless of results.

Not sure if it’s true but apparently she is a medical student.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    The issue was because of the hotspot she visited regardless of test results she needed to isolate for the full 14 days regardless of results.

Not sure if it’s true but apparently she is a medical student.
    Yeah I did have a fleeting thought about why she was visiting all these places after coming from Melbourne, but I hadn’t been following the dates of hot spots closely enough to know if melb was already in lockdown when she came up. But it goes to show that just because you think you’re safe, doesn’t mean you are. I know when I came out of quarantine I developed a cough. So I went and got tested and ended up isolating for an extra 40hrs on top of my initial quarantine phase. It’s just not worth it to me to be that person who puts the rest of the community at risk.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (23-07-2021),MissTwiggley (23-07-2021),Mum-I-Am (23-07-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not looking forward to today's press conference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    So I went and got tested and ended up isolating for an extra 40hrs on top of my initial quarantine phase. It’s just not worth it to me to be that person who puts the rest of the community at risk.

Thank goodness for people like you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just reading about the new case in Queensland while I wait for today's NSW numbers. Gah 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    I'm just reading about the new case in Queensland while I wait for today's NSW numbers. Gah
    136. cases in NSW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by granny1 View Post
    136. cases in NSW
    Yup. And about 80 of those in the community whilst infectious.

I wonder what percentage of the tests being done are in southwestern Sydney, ie what's happening with the virus in other parts of the city. Might have a look to see if the NSW health site has a breakdown.