+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Covid-19 (Coronavirus) chat #5

Dunno if contact tracers have the authority to access work records if they're not volunteered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Work log books are just filled in manually by the employee.

I'd assume it was a visit to buy things for himself and he knew he shouldn't have been there.

Today's presser outlined the timeline and he did not know his partner was positive when left on the trip and only developed symptoms the next day (when he was back).
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 24-10-2020 at 13:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Despite the fact I can’t go further than 25km, we have just started booking our next holiday away from Melbourne’s winter next year.

Accommodation we have just booked that has free cancellation but I’m wondering what people are doing with flights?

The location we intend on going to (fingers crossed 2021 does not look like 2020!) doesn’t have heaps of flights so we can’t just leave it to the last minute to wait and see. We will likely stick with Qantas as I’m not sure how the other carriers will be going by then.

Has anyone booked domestic flights recently for a holiday? If so, are you just paying the additional costs for ability to change/cancel? I have interpreted travel insurance to exclude covid related reasons - is that correct?

Felt like we were so close to reaching the original Oct 26th target! Hope the northern cluster is quickly contained and no more mystery cases. I have been loving the 25km and 10 person/2household, I’m not really longing for anything tomorrow. Watching the grand final tonight made me realise now starkly different a Victorian life is compared to the rest of country. We will be there soon too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HappyDaysAllRound For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (25-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaysAllRound View Post
    Despite the fact I can’t go further than 25km, we have just started booking our next holiday away from Melbourne’s winter next year.

Accommodation we have just booked that has free cancellation but I’m wondering what people are doing with flights?

The location we intend on going to (fingers crossed 2021 does not look like 2020!) doesn’t have heaps of flights so we can’t just leave it to the last minute to wait and see. We will likely stick with Qantas as I’m not sure how the other carriers will be going by then.

Has anyone booked domestic flights recently for a holiday? If so, are you just paying the additional costs for ability to change/cancel? I have interpreted travel insurance to exclude covid related reasons - is that correct?

Felt like we were so close to reaching the original Oct 26th target! Hope the northern cluster is quickly contained and no more mystery cases. I have been loving the 25km and 10 person/2household, I’m not really longing for anything tomorrow. Watching the grand final tonight made me realise now starkly different a Victorian life is compared to the rest of country. We will be there soon too!
    We’ve booked a holiday for mid next year. Like you the accomodation is fully refundable but flights aren’t. We’ve just accepted that we may loose the cost or cop a fee to change.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

HappyDaysAllRound (25-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    the goal posts keep changing! no changes for metro melbourne because of the bloody outbreak at the schools. people are so annoyed!!! we’ve been locked in our homes for months now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We are taking holidays in our state, NSW. We have booked a week in western NSW early January. If the Qld borders open over Christmas then we will also go up there for 10 days mid-late January.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    So frustrating isn't it TC? As I said to dh, the goal posts keep changing but that's because the situation keeps changing. Can't believe we have another outbreak in the north. I'm only a couple of suburbs away. Hopefully they can get on top of it soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    So frustrating isn't it TC? As I said to dh, the goal posts keep changing but that's because the situation keeps changing. Can't believe we have another outbreak in the north. I'm only a couple of suburbs away. Hopefully they can get on top of it soon.
    dh is being a d!ck. we are now arguing because he doesn’t think i should be feeling angry and frustrated. he’s just a blind dan lover and it’s really annoying me. seems to think nobody should be angry or questioning what’s going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaysAllRound View Post

I’ve pretty much given up on arranging holidays. Will just wait until the last minute and book something then if/when we go somewhere. Too many things up in the air at the moment. And I’m kind of enjoying holiday at home.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post: