+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleeding with a heartbeat

Hi ladies
    I have been bleeding off and on for the last 2 weeks and I’m currently 12.5 weeks pregnant. I’ve had a couple of ultrasounds and baby seems to be ok right now and the doctor has told me that bleeding can occur in some pregnancies. I was just wondering if anyone else has bled during their pregnancy and if so what was the outcome? Also when I say bleeding, it’s heavier than spotting but lighter than a normal period. I have to wear a thin pad.
    Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I was 14 weeks I thought I had wet myself, then realised it was blood gushing out. I then had on/off light bleeding until 20 weeks. Like you, my ob assured me some people do bleed in pregnancy. I had an amnio for other reasons at about 22 weeks, the fluid sampled looked like coke from the bleeding.

My daughter is now 9 and there was zero effects from the bleeding. Good luck OP, I know it’s easier said than done but try not to stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Bleeding with a heartbeat

I bled throughout my third pregnancy enough to wear a pad and it would sometimes gush out. I was reassured by my Doctor that all was okay and scans confirmed no issues they could see. I also was told that sometimes this happens with the increased blood flow during pregnancy.

Needless to say, that baby will be turning 10 in a few weeks, but I did have issues with retained placenta, hemorrhaged and needed it manually removed in surgery/blood transfusions etc. I never really got a conclusive answer as to if the pregnancy bleeding had anything to do with that.

Op, go with your instincts, if you feel something’s not quite right, don’t hesitate to see your Ob etc.

All the best with your pregnancy. x
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 25-10-2020 at 10:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’ll save you all the details, but I bled continuously from 12 weeks to 20 weeks. I ended up in hospital numerous times, complete bed rest and had 6 blood transfusion and an iron infusion. That little baby just turned 7 and is happy, healthy and doesn’t seem to have any ill effects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I bled throughout my third pregnancy enough to wear a pad and it would sometimes gush out. I was reassured by my Doctor that all was okay and scans confirmed no issues they could see. I also was told that sometimes this happens with the increased blood flow during pregnancy.

Needless to say, that baby will be turning 10 in a few weeks, but I did have issues with retained placenta, hemorrhaged and needed it manually removed in surgery/blood transfusions etc. I never really got a conclusive answer as to if the pregnancy bleeding had anything to do with that.

Op, go with your instincts, if you feel something’s not quite right, don’t hesitate to see your Ob etc.

All the best with your pregnancy. x
    Wow, our bodies really are amazing things aren’t they. Thank you for sharing x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AX2018 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey (26-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-DJ Nette View Post
    I’ll save you all the details, but I bled continuously from 12 weeks to 20 weeks. I ended up in hospital numerous times, complete bed rest and had 6 blood transfusion and an iron infusion. That little baby just turned 7 and is happy, healthy and doesn’t seem to have any ill effects.
    That’s interesting they put you on bed read as I was wondering why they haven’t told me to do this. Did you have a lot of bleeding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AX2018 View Post
    That’s interesting they put you on bed read as I was wondering why they haven’t told me to do this. Did you have a lot of bleeding?
    They didn’t immediately, but after I started losing 2 liters in an hour they realized it was an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-DJ Nette View Post
    They didn’t immediately, but after I started losing 2 liters in an hour they realized it was an issue.
    Oh wow ok yes that is a lot. Makes sense. Thanks again x