+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where is the best place you have stayed?

Given the big push to holiday in our own backyard with the current happenings of the world. Looking for some inspiration!

I really hope this isn’t insensitive I know some of you ladies are having a tough time at the moment.

No plans to go anywhere until next year when hopefully the borders are open and we can all get our little getaways in. Hoping to do a family trip (2 young kids) and an adult only holiday.

So tell me.. where is the best place you have stayed in Australia?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The best two holidays I’ve ever had didn’t even involve leaving the state

Pre-kids we hired a yacht and did the Whitsundays. It was friggin amazing. It’s a bit pricey but if you have friends who also want to go it might work out ok.

With kids we drove and camped our way through Cape York. We all had a ball.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On our honeymoon we did the overnight stay at the Dubbo zoo involving all of the behind the scenes tours and experiences. It was so much fun, we will take the kids when they are older. They do it at lots of other zoos too, my parents have done the one at Taronga Sydney and there’s an amazing one in Canberra where the animals are right against your room.

We have also stayed in Port Stephens, it was beautiful. And Port Douglas was nice too. We did Tassie with one child around a year old and took our car over in the boat which made it a nice holiday too.

I’m not sure where we will go next, we have been talking about going to the coast near Batemans Bay but not sure when.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We stayed in a motel resort style place at Bribie Island with the kids years ago. It was a self contained unit overlooking the pool and the kids swam 24/7. We ate out , had BBQs, played tennis and just relaxed as a family. I’d love to do it again with the grandkids and my son and daughter in law

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by granny1 View Post
    We stayed in a motel resort style place at Bribie Island with the kids years ago. It was a self contained unit overlooking the pool and the kids swam 24/7. We ate out , had BBQs, played tennis and just relaxed as a family. I’d love to do it again with the grandkids and my son and daughter in law
    The new big 4 at Sandstone Point is pretty nice too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    On our honeymoon we did the overnight stay at the Dubbo zoo involving all of the behind the scenes tours and experiences. It was so much fun, we will take the kids when they are older. They do it at lots of other zoos too, my parents have done the one at Taronga Sydney and there’s an amazing one in Canberra where the animals are right against your room.
    OMG I really want to take the kids to somewhere like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I stayed there with my sister before the twins were born. Not my kinda holiday but the kids had an absolute ball!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I’ll have a look .. thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think big 4 parks are great.

With kids, I don’t really like staying in the same room as them lol so my preference is places where there are separate bedrooms. Unless of course you can get separate adjoining rooms in hotels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For family holiday, Hamilton Island. It's just so easy, especially if you hire a golf buggy. A reasonable amount of things to do and you can move around easily- you aren't stuck in your hotel/resort, but you also don't need to go here, there and everywhere