+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Just for fun - you can't ask that!

Let's throw political correctness out the window. Please don't turn this into a a debate. Let's ask questions you dare not ask.

I'll go first.

How do arranged marriages in other cultures work these days? Is it based on wealth, heirachy, personality matches etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (16-10-2020),Allison 2020 (23-11-2020),babybeeno1 (16-10-2020),babyno1onboard (16-10-2020),JustJaq (16-10-2020),Kalina (16-10-2020),lauzie (16-10-2020),Loh4 (16-10-2020),Mamasupial (16-10-2020),Mum-I-Am (16-10-2020),SJ565 (16-10-2020),Thecrazycatlady (16-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Let's throw political correctness out the window. Please don't turn this into a a debate. Let's ask questions you dare not ask.

I'll go first.

How do arranged marriages in other cultures work these days? Is it based on wealth, heirachy, personality matches etc...
    insight on sbs did an episode on arranged marriage.

https://www.sbs.com.au/programs/vide...anged-Marriage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep (16-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post

I'll go first.

All those things and more maybe? I've come to the view that arranged marriages aren't such a bad idea at all.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Allison 2020 (23-11-2020),MissTwiggley (16-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ok here’s mine, i have a couple actually.

1. where do all the homeless people go during isolation/lockdown? where do they get masks from if masks are now mandatory in vic?

2. there are a lot of sex workers around st kilda. i’ve been approached a few times whilst waiting in a parked car (had my head down on my phone so they must not have noticed i’m probably outside of their usual
    target market), during isolation and leaving home restrictions, plus obviously there are social distancing measures in place, how do sex workers generate an income? i assume sex work on the street would be disallowed? as would having clients to their premises?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post

1. where do all the homeless people go during isolation/lockdown? where do they get masks from if masks are now mandatory in vic?

2. there are a lot of sex workers around st kilda. i’ve been approached a few times whilst waiting in a parked car (had my head down on my phone so they must not have noticed i’m probably outside of their usual
    target market), during isolation and leaving home restrictions, plus obviously there are social distancing measures in place, how do sex workers generate an income? i assume sex work on the street would be disallowed? as would having clients to their premises?
    2. I could be way off but I remembering reading or hearing that a lot of workers in the sex industry moved onto other platforms. E.g only fans and were generating money this way. Think it was $200 for a nude (per person). Someone famous Bella Thorne joined but actually was falsely taking money for “nudes” but wasn’t actually sending them I believe (details are hazy, was couple months back) which has in turn had a negative impact on everyone using the platform in terms of receiving funds.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Loh4 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (16-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

They have been housing homeless people in empty hotels from what I have read. The govt have also been spruiking that they are getting thousands of masks out to " those in need " and more recently getting reusable masks locally made. I believe the police carry disposable masks for anyone who isn't wearing one because they can't buy them (e.g. some people would not be non-compliant out of rebellion but out of poverty).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Kalina (16-10-2020),turquoisecoast (16-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    They have been housing homeless people in empty hotels from what I have read. The govt have also been spruiking that they are getting thousands of masks out to " those in need " and more recently getting reusable masks locally made. I believe the police carry disposable masks for anyone who isn't wearing one because they can't buy them (e.g. some people would not be non-compliant out of rebellion but out of poverty).
    Near us they have been using lots of student accomodation to house them.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Stretched (16-10-2020),turquoisecoast (16-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are really good questions. Particularly number 2.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

I don’t know about #2 but to answer #1:
    - hotels / motels with additional funding provided to service providers to provide longer stays than they would normally.
    - some who were sleeping rough prior to COVID have remained sleeping rough, especially in rural/regional areas without curfew
    - masks and sanitiser have been provided at services that have remained open such as community health services.

But like always not everyone who needs a service gets a service. Many homeless are still hidden (couch surfing/ temp accom with family/friends) during covid.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-LIKE A BOSS For This Useful Post: